25 ➺ ...IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS

❝I COULD DRAG YOU FROM THE OCEAN, I COULD PULL YOU FROM THE FIRE, AND WHEN YOU'RE STANDING IN THE SHADOWS, I COULD OPEN UP THE SKY

I COULD DRAG YOU FROM THE
OCEAN, I COULD PULL YOU FROM
THE FIRE, AND WHEN YOU'RE
STANDING IN THE SHADOWS, I
COULD OPEN UP THE SKY.

     "THAT'S NOT POSSIBLE."

     Genevieve was sure of that — there was no way God was actually on Earth, in a mental institution where Lucifer had met Him, but the Devil seemed rather hellbent on proving his wicked wife wrong. His determination was causing Genevieve to doubt her words and the confidence within her heart, but the idea of Lucifer's Father actually bothering to come down to His little playground sounded absurd and too hard to believe. Luckily, Lucifer had promised to deliver proof for his words.

      "Right, the plan is, we get committed into this hospital and then confront God Johnson, alright?", Lucifer turned to Genevieve, who was surprised by the plan she had not signed up for, but the curiosity in her was far too large to ignore. Therefore, she nodded, and smiling, Lucifer stepped towards the information spot at the entry with his usual confidence. "Hello", he began with his signature tone, charming as always, "I'd like a suite for two for the evening, please. Preferably one with a view", a chuckle then escaped Lucifer's lips as he glanced at Genevieve, before turning his gaze back to the man behind the glass.

      Sadly, the man seemed to disagree with their stupid plan. "Are you joking? This is a psychiatric hospital", he spoke with a monotone voice, earning a roll of eyes from Genevieve who was already getting bored. She just wanted to meet this man pretending to be God, not discuss these worthless facts with someone who clearly hated his job.

     "Apologies, I'm skipping ahead. Uh, I am, the one and only, Lucifer Morningstar", Lucifer introduced himself proudly, but failed to move the clerk in any way. "The Devil? Dark Lord? Oh, for goodness' sake— Beelzebub?", he tried, "and this is my wife, Genevieve Morningstar — the Shedevil. Killer Queen. Princess of Darkness!", but none of his attempts were working. Frankly, it seemed like their plan was failing, but that was simply because Ginny hadn't made an effort to make it work yet.

     Pushing Lucifer aside, Genevieve grabbed the clerk from his collar and pulled his face into the glass, surprising both of the men in her presence. "As you can see, I am dangerous and unstable. Now, if you don't get us that room, I'll start by breaking your fingers and then picking off your nails. One by one", the queen let her lips curl into a seemingly innocent, sweet smile, but it was intimidating and threatening enough for the man to agree into accepting them in the hospital.

     "Lovely! Well done, Gen", Lucifer just cheered from aside, and in return, Genevieve flashed a sarcastic smile.

     If it was really God in there, she needed to see it with her own eyes, and give the man good, hard slap on the face.

—————

     GENEVIEVE WAS SKEPTICAL as she looked around the hospital she had joined with Lucifer — not because she had anything against the mentally ill, but because she feared her presence there was a complete waste of time, when she could have been torturing people and going after the dagger. But, she was also someone who never walked away from a challenge or risky situations, which was why she was willingly sitting beside Lucifer at a table, surrounded by a group of patients who were all engaging in an invisible, imagined game of poker.