14 ➺ MAKE THE ANGELS WEEP

❝I'M FREE AND I LOVE TOBE FREE, TO LIVE MY LIFETHE WAY I WANT, TO SAY& DO WHATEVER I PLEASE

I'M FREE AND I LOVE TO
BE FREE, TO LIVE MY LIFE
THE WAY I WANT, TO SAY
& DO WHATEVER I PLEASE.

     FOR THE FIRST time, Genevieve was profoundly and thoroughly exhausted when she went back home that night, or well, to Dan's place. She didn't really consider it her home, but it was where she was staying for the night and that was good enough for her tired mind and body as she opened the door and dragged her heavy limbs inside. It was silent and dark all over the apartment, but Ginny didn't think much of it — whereas she adored the thought of staying up and watching the dark night unfold on the streets, Dan was a total buzzkill and always headed into bed in the early hours.

     Kicking off her high heels, Genevieve tiptoed farther indoors and looked around the kitchen in case the man had left something for her to eat, but of course he hadn't — a perfectly crappy ending to a day that had sucked in its entirety. With a heavy sigh slipping from her lips and breaking the silence in the dim room, Genevieve headed towards the bedroom, but she didn't get very far when she bumped into a body — one that she could have mistaken for Dan, if a pair of boobs hadn't met her own.

     "Who the hell—", Ginny was quick to defend herself, a fireball rising to her palm, but instead of a stranger, the light of her magic illuminated the face of someone far more wretched. At the sight of Charlotte Richards, Genevieve's eyes widened and the fire at her hand only gained power as anger rose to the surface and she met Mom's surprised eyes with a mad glare. "Did you murder Dan?", Genevieve ran to assumptions quickly, her voice a hateful whisper as she lifted the fire to Charlotte's face, ready to burn her features into a disfigured mess, but Mom's answer was a little something... different.

     "Uh, the opposite, actually", Charlotte explained sheepishly, breaking into a grin. It took Genevieve a while to understand what she meant, but once the puzzle pieces clicked together in her mind and the disgusting image presented itself, Ginny felt like vomiting all over the lawyer's expensive dress.

     Whilst shaking her head, causing the dark curls to bounce on her shoulders, Genevieve closed her palm to snuff out the fireball, and then walked past Charlotte. And the only thing audible in the apartment was Genevieve's bitter, "I hate Earth", before she disappeared into her room and shut the door with an exaggerated slam.

—————

    THE NEXT DAY was drastically different from the previous tragic excuse of a good experience. As Genevieve had slipped under the chilly sheets last night and felt the soft fabric rub against her bruised thighs and arms, and how the pillow burned against her cut cheek, she had decided to revert to her old ways and remind not only herself, but everyone else of who she truly was. The aching in her heart and the dark thoughts in her mind finally gave her the idea of throwing a party, and as soon as the sun rose and Genevieve found the strength to get up, she headed out and found a club for her taste — all she required was the owner being someone else than Lucifer Morningstar, though.