10 ➺ (SHE)DEVIL-MAY-CARE

❝REMEMBER THOSE WALLS I BUILT, WELL, BABY THEY'RE TUMBLING DOWN

REMEMBER THOSE WALLS I
BUILT, WELL, BABY THEY'RE
TUMBLING DOWN.

LUCIFER STILL LIVED, as Genevieve had been unable to kill him and had settled for fleeing the penthouse without another word, but she wasn't so sure if he felt very much alive. He had killed Uriel in cold blood, murdered his own brother, and even though Ginny was the homicidal Killer Queen who was plotting her own husband's death, she somehow felt his pain. Perhaps she wasn't the best person to talk to about remorse or being good in general, but she did know that Lucifer wasn't as rotten or evil as her, and therefore he was taking it rather heavily. For someone like Lucifer, or anyone even merely good really, it was hard when a loved one died. But being the reason of their death? Genevieve assumed that caused Lucifer to feel like hell — no, even worse than hell.

But instead of doing what any other wife would, or should, Genevieve stayed away from Lucifer and avoided any ideas of comforting him. Perhaps it was her way of being sorry, though — she wasn't exactly trying to help, and in a time of need, she wasn't by Lucifer's side, but she wasn't trying to literally stab him in the back, either. Maybe that was her way of showing she cared.

     Except that she didn't. She insisted on not caring, at all. And when Dan confronted her about this, and the possibility that Genevieve was lying about her capability of feelings to him and herself, she was rather unhappy.

"There must be something you feel, Gen. Other than anger or jealousy or bloodlust, that is", Dan sighed, flashing a careful smile at the queen as he threw his arm over the back of his couch, on which they were both seated. His comment made Genevieve roll her eyes and scoff — especially the nickname he had somehow grown into using. People didn't usually call her with nicknames. Except for Lucifer, of course, but it seemed that Dan had found his way to that comfort-zone as well, and she didn't really mind it. He was her loyal little detective, after all.

"Sure there is! For example, vexation or utter boredom. And of course, bloodlust isn't the only kind of lust I feel, detective", Genevieve responded sassily, lifting her eyebrows as she leaned closer to Dan, who inhaled sharply at the feeling of her nails on his chest. Knowing very well what kind of an effect she had on him, Genevieve flashed a grin but ended up pulling away as her shoulders lifted in a casual shrug. "But right now, I feel interested. Interested in your job, that is. And Detective Decker. So, assuming you have to leave for work right about now, shall we?", the Shedevil then proposed as she gestured towards the clock that did indeed near Detective Espinoza's working hours.

Laughing, Dan stood up from the couch but shook his head at Ginny. "Yeah, I gotta go. But I can't take you with me. You're not involved in this case in any way and you're not a part of the LAPD. Sorry, Genevieve", he smiled, and with that, he stepped towards the front door but the queen quickly followed him.

"I can change that, in fact. As you know, I'm brilliant when it comes to persuasion", she smirked irresistibly at Dan. "And I don't really mind if I must commit manslaughter to get involved with the case, eh?", Genevieve suggested, wiggling her eyebrows, but the detective seemed to think it was an even worse idea.