34 ➺ A BLAZE OF GLORY

❝SHE'S A KILLER QUEEN,GUNPOWDER, GELATIN,DYNAMITE WITH A LASERBEAM, GUARANTEEDTO BLOW YOUR MIND!❞

SHE'S A KILLER QUEEN,
GUNPOWDER, GELATIN,
DYNAMITE WITH A LASER
BEAM, GUARANTEED
TO BLOW YOUR MIND!

THE KILLER QUEEN was never scared. Or at the very least, so Genevieve claimed — that her ice cold, tar black heart didn't feel terror nor the worry caused by what should have been an evident threat. And for a while, that had been the truth, after she had been sculpted of hellfire and the seven deadly sins that brought her to life, granting her one hell of a personality and looks to kill and die for. She was wicked and malicious, but in her dark heart, remained space for her husband — frankly, she was everything Lucifer had hoped to achieve when he created her.

    But then, what was that feeling she felt course through her veins and send shudders down her spine when she heard of this mysterious weapon, created alongside her? It was a precaution, one that Mazikeen insisted on having, in case the Shedevil would ever grew erratic and impossible to control — that was what the demon told Lucifer, who then agreed to melt the ashes of Hell into a dagger, one with edges as sharp as the queen's witty tongue, and her name engraved on the side of it.

    She refused to admit to being scared, but she also refused to allow any weaknesses. Genevieve, in the belief that she couldn't take the risk of a supernatural dagger lying around their kingdom, found the weapon and hid it — out of fear, evidently, but she didn't speak of it. However, her crimes were enough to convince Lucifer that her greed and passion were boiling over the edges and the darkness within her had sucked away all the light, suffocated the good in her with more evil and hatred.

    They fell apart, and as the Devil ended up fleeing, she became the Queen of Hell, the only ruler of the dark domain — hurt by his abandonment, but hellbent on using all the power she felt course through her veins. But even though a lot of things changed, some never did. Lucifer never stopped loving Genevieve, even though she forgot to be loyal and caring and replaced all the good qualities in her with more darkness. He never forgot about her. And he never would.

    But Genevieve feared he would. Indeed, for the Shedevil, for someone who claimed to never worry or panic, she was scared a lot — when Lucifer turned his back on her, she feared of what she had become, and she feared that he'd find happiness elsewhere. It led her into following her husband to Earth, only to find more feelings awaiting for her there.

    It was when she heard that her dagger had been stolen, that she was quite literally, paralyzed with worry of what was to come. Because Genevieve knew that the blade was meant for her, it was supposed to kill her. Because it could not be destroyed, it could not be stripped of its purpose. And the blade's only purpose was to put down the Shedevil if it would ever be necessary, its sharp tip yearning to sink into her flesh and spill her crimson blood, to stop her rotten heart's plucky beats and put an end to her story.