12 ➺ A COLD DAY IN HELL

❝IN HER HEART, THERE'S AHOLE, THERE'S A BLACKMARK ON HER SOUL

IN HER HEART, THERE'S A
HOLE, THERE'S A BLACK
MARK ON HER SOUL.

    HESITANTLY, GENEVIEVE KNOCKED on Dr. Martin's door, knowing that she could have answers to her questions, but it still felt somewhat degrading to go to some human for help. She was, after all, the Shedevil herself. But that was exactly why Linda didn't open the door, but instead, yelled, "Go away!", from the room. With her eyebrows knitted together, Genevieve merely used her entire fist to bang the door loudly, startling Linda who was cowering behind her desk indoors, but the scariest part was yet to come. Unwilling to be turned away by her therapist, Genevieve kicked the door in, causing it to fall off of its hinges and collapse onto the floor before the queen stepped in dramatically. And inside, she found a screaming Linda.

     "I know Krav Maga!", she tried to defend herself from Genevieve, even though she wasn't even there to hurt her — but even if she was, Linda's talent in martial arts wouldn't get the blonde very far if she were to fight the queen. But she seemed to know that too. "Not that I think I could win the actual Queen of Hell...", she then muttered to herself, still crouched behind her desk, whilst Genevieve's eyes widened with shock.

      "He showed you? But you're just— just some small human!", was Genevieve's initial reaction, her wide eyes still staring at Linda in disbelief, but once she realized how truly terrified she was, Ginny sighed. "Get up, Linda. I'm not here to hurt you, you don't have to be scared— well, actually, you should be scared, but I need you too much to brutally murder you, so", she explained, and slowly but surely — probably because she feared the consequences of disobeying the infamous Killer Queen — Linda stood up from the floor and looked at Genevieve with fear still in her eyes.

     "You're the freaking Shedevil. I don't know if I can get over that", Linda whispered as she made sure to remain at a safe distance from Ginny — she now saw her, Lucifer, Maze, Amenadiel and Charlotte in a whole new light, and truthfully, it was leaning more towards darkness, actually. She was scared, and Genevieve understood that, as Linda was merely a human who couldn't comprehend all these things bigger than herself. But she didn't sympathize.

     "Yes, well, I suggest you do, because I have more problems I wish to share with you. Turns out, I still have eons of hatred towards Lucifer bottled up within", Genevieve sighed, crossing her arms as she eyed Linda, who only then seemed to realize something more.

     "Oh my— You're actually Lucifer's wife! He actually created you from the sins in Hell to be his queen. You're... Wow, just... wowza", Linda gushed as she moved her hands in the air, staring at Genevieve in disbelief, unable to comprehend the beauty of her, the story behind her. But she didn't exactly have time for this.

     Sighing, Genevieve turned on her heel. "And you've just crossed the line between understandable and useless. I'll pay for the door", she rolled her eyes, and then disappeared out of the very same doorway she had ruined with her badass kick, deciding that she needed another cure for her troubles — alcohol.