Chapter 19: The Pain

I wanted to spend time with Matt after that.

I woke up this morning in my trailer to a knock at my door. I got up and I was in pain. I put my slippers on and and had my hand on my ribs. I answered the door and it was Matt.

I walked over to him and put my head on his shoulder. He hugged me and said, "Lets go in."

We sat down at the couch and he said, "How do you feel?" I put my head on his shoulder with my hand on my rib saying, "Horrible. I can barely move." He kissed my head and said, "You will be fine."

I then said, "What about Fern?"

He said, "Fern is fine. Shes back home where she belongs."

I looked up at him and said, "I wish Storm were here. And Morgan. And Savannah."

He looked down at me and I moved his hair out of his eyes and then he said, "I know."

I then was playing with the buttons on Matts shirt and said, "Do you mind if I call them to see what they say?"

He looked down at me and said, "That's already taken care of. Morgan is flying down to where Savannah is and then they will get Storm in a horse trailer and come down here!"

I got up and looked at him in the eyes. He looked confused and I said, "He can't be put in a horse trailer without me. It's happened before. That was a bad time." I started tearing up and went to the bathroom. He knocked at the door and said, "What happened?"

I opened the door and hugged him while I started to cry.