32.Waking up from a haze dream

-

Cam's POV

-

''Sweetheart, you're welcome as long as needed, but know that you have to discuss things with your father soon or late''

''Could we just stop mentioning him  for today?'' Martina whined for the second time already this morning.

Last night she showed up at my door, begging me if she could stay the night. After hearing her out I couldn't decide if I was actually at her side or at her fathers. I understand that it's not okay to command her she can't go out with one of her friends..But leaving?

Wasn't he the one who took care of her when her mother left at the first place?

Martina's whole life is an huge, un-answered question to me. I don't even know what happened to her parents, or why she broke up with Mason..I  don't even know what's the big deal with Jorge, but at least I know there are things she is not telling me.

But lets be real here, she's not the only one who's not being completely honnest.

At least she's my friend so I have to be at her side.

''Fine, but..Hey if you want to use my make up you could just ask'' I suggested as I noticed her forever taking glare at my make up bag.

''Oh it's no big deal'' She whimpered, grabbing my hairbrush to fix her long, brown hair back to place.I frowned, grinning a little. ''Oh come on let me do it for you''

''Cam'' She rolled her eyes, grinning now too as I rushed myself over her. Gosh can I just be jealous on the features on that face of her? 

''We're totally going to rock some golden eyelids and use alot bronzer today baby'' I winked, teasing her a little since I know how insecure she can feel.

''Just don't over do it'' She mocked, yet both of us knew pretty much I wasn't the one with the too much is better motto.

''We both know I'm not Blanche''

''Or Veronica''

''Jesicca'' I prusted , thinking of those make up dolls. only if men knew how much time they spend on their looks..

''Oh come on, stop talking bout them already, They get on my freaking nerves'' 

''Well, Jorge doesn't seem to have a problem with them.'' It was pretty obvious Blanche was chasing him ever since he walked into that doomed building.

''Not Veronica in anyway'' she replied. I didn't really know what she ment, but just the way how carefully she told me that made me realise that she had to find courage to speak that out.

I raised her a brow, asking for a clear answer. ''Oh really?''

She nodded slowly, blushing a little. ''Yeah''

Ókay. Not telling me any details?

''Have you guys even picked up what you left in Venice?''

Yes, by seeing her burning red face we both knew pretty well what I meant.

''Oh you mean that thing..''

''Yeah'' I nodded, frowing. ''That thing''

''Oh uhm, not really'' 

'''Not really? How do you mean not really?

''Just..Not really Cam'' She exclaimed, heat written all over her face.

I couldn't mind asking, ''You don't just make out with a guy like him and never even talk about it Martina''. I rolled my eyes, being more than just jealous on the attention she recieved. Honestly, you should embrace that kind of attention with wide open arms.

''It was just a kiss'' She hissed back. I know she hates talking about her feelings, but come on. We're talking about Jorge right here. Male flesh that is willing to do everything to safe her ass.

''He still likes you, it's pretty obvious''

''Camilla can you just not?''

''Hello, everyone is talking about it after what happened last week, Just know that you're the topic of the day''

''Like that's the first time'' She muttered underneath her breath as I applied a little bit more bronzer on the tip of her nose. She even has freckles, why don't I have freaking freckles?

God, was it that hard to create me? 

Don't even get me started about my flat chest.

''And you're done''

---Time skip---

Right there , the second bell rang. For me that ment one thing, food.
Crashing trough all those students I made my way to the cantine to bought some lunch.

That's where I found Jorge standing in the raw already to order his lunch. So I didn't even question to step behind everyone, I just joined him.

"Hello handsome" I gave him a small pat on the back as he turned around, suprised by seeing me.

"Oh hey, you're making use of me?" he raised me a brow, grinning a little.

"Nah, you know I'd never use advantage of my friends"

"Right" he rolled his eyes, knowing me well. "Where's Martina?"

"Haven't you seen her today? I thought the two of you had class together"

"We had, but she wasn't there"

Wasn't there? I freaking brought her to school.

"Shit" 

Quickly I grabbed my phone, dealing her number but she didn't pick up.

"What's going on?"

"I promised not to tell anyone Jorge" I mocked, trying to call her again.

"I'm not like anyone else" He hissed annoyed.

"You're just her friend Jorge. She asked me, I'm not allowed to spoil my best friends secrets"

"Camilla" he sighed now even more irritated. Just by seeing his face I knew he was beig curiously about this.  "You know I'm doing everything in my power to help her, and if she's skipping classes I feel like I have to do something"

Even after all the warnings, I knew he was right.

I truelly had never seen a boy from that state , who was actually being that helpfully for just one female human being. This crush he's having on her must be huge, otherwise I don't get what's going on.

"Camilla"

"Okay fine, she kicked herself out of her house" I exclaimed in frustration.

He looked at me in amazement, not knowing if it was because of suprise or disbelief.  "Kicked herself out?"

I nodded, he was acting the same wau as I did when this news recieved at my doorstep. "She said her father was taking over her decissions so she left and stayed over at my place"

"And you're telling me this just now?" his voice raised up, laced with concern.

"Sorry" I mumbled feeling a bit ashamed for the friend I was being. I know Martina feels insecure all the time, but I never really help her out on the way she might need me.

But after all , how can I help it? I'm just a friend trying to have some fun with her.

"I'm going to call her father if he knows where she is" He stated.

How does he even have his number?
Whatever , it shall have its reasons.
"I'm not so sure if that's a good idea"

"It's better than doing nothing at the first place " he insisted, leaving the cantine.

I just froze there, watching him take care of it all over again.

"Excuse me, what would you like to order?"

Oh right, I was doing that.

"Uh..I'll take some pizzabread please"