3 ↝ chillaxing & meeting

Mackenzie Ziegler
11 June 2017

•••

"Kenz, come down to the pool because we're going for a swim!" Lauren says excitedly from my doorway, and I lock my phone before chucking it on my bed.

"Okay, meet you out there." I reply, smiling. I listen to her run up the stairs– where she gets her constant energy from I don't know.

Laughing to myself, I look around the room for my bikini– it's a floral number that's coloured in shades of red. Finally pulling it off a chair where it was laid out to dry, I grab a towel and walk to the bathroom to get changed; only because you can see my window from downstairs.

Don't want anybody seeing that.

I pull the door open and shut it behind me softly, stripping down until I have no clothes on and looking in the mirror. It's nice to know that now when I look in the mirror I'm confident with my body; gone is the preteen girl who wore bathing suits and shirts to cover up.

The bikini has black ribbons that tie up on the side and a halter neck, I knot these before moving onto my hair. Pulling on the tie, I begin to braid it in one long section down my back. It doesn't even look messy, which is an achievement for me.

Grabbing my towel, I fight the urge to run all the way to the pool, knowing I would look like like a little kid– that's not the message I want to convey. As I reach the balcony I pull open the sliding doors and the breeze runs through the stands of hair that didn't make it into a plait. God, that feels nice. The sun burns on my back, and I know that if I don't use sunblock I'll fry; it's almost thirty degrees today.

I don't really watch where I'm walking, but my feed lead me to the edge of the deck and I smile when I get there. Darian and Johnny are having chicken fights on each others shoulders inside the pool, against some other boys I don't recognise. Damn, I was hoping to tan afterwards but that would now be impossible.

I undo the gate, Johnny's eyes flicking to mine at the sound. I shiver and he smiles, eyes suggestively running all over my body. I see his irises linger at the parts the bikini is covering especially, and I blush. Like a deep red.

He's checking me out–why shouldn't I do the same?

I now watch him carry Darian on his shoulders and see the muscle that flexes around his arms. His shorts are falling, so far I can see the V lines of his groin. And his abs look freaking amazing, as does his hair, and his stupidly perfect smile. Oh my god– so not fair.

Snapping myself out of an almost trance, I grin at him shyly before walking in the opposite direction towards Lauren. As I do, I see him fall off Darians shoulders.

Huh.

I wonder if I did that.

•••

[560 words]

Hey there reader! If you can, and if you have wifi, could you please vote for the chapter? It would mean a lot ;)

*edited