7 ↝ jealousy & intimacy

Johnny Orlando
17 June 2017 ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
A/N – I've just seen how many reads this has compared to other chapters! It's amazing, thank you guys xox

•••

"Where's Mackenzie? I ask, as I finally find Lauren and the others. Stupidly, I didn't bring my phone and I've been wandering around the fair by myself for almost an hour.

"Forget about Mackenzie, where the hell were you? And why haven't you been answering your phone?" Lauren screams at me. I notice that people start to stare– uh oh.  "What if you were kidnapped?" She then reasons.

"Lauren, I'm fine. I forgot my phone." I admit, a little ashamed, before pulling her into a hug. She stays for a second, blonde hair tickling my shoulders, before pushing me away.

"You missed your chance." She complains, and I look down into her eyes.

"What?" I question confusedly.

"With Mackenzie."

"What are you on about? Where is she?" I question again.

"She found Hayden." She shrugs. "I left her with him."

"Are you kidding?" I almost yell. "He probably just wants to get in her pants– he's a massive player!" ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Lauren laughs mirthlessly. "So are you."

"But I– ugh." I say, starting to argue before giving up because to be honest, in Mackenzie's eyes that's all I will ever be. Every summer there's been a different girl. Okay... maybe three. But I've always liked Mackenzie you know? That will never change.

"What are they doing?" I ask. Lauren raises an eyebrow.

"It's a fair Johnny, they're not going to be having sex."

"That wasn't what I meant." I say, gritting my teeth in anger. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
"He's probably winning her a stupid stuffed animal or something." She finally replies. "Johnny, don't be a dick. Just let her get over it– what happened last summer needs to stay there. In the past."

What if I can't help that?" I start. "I saw Nadia again today."

"I noticed." She answers briefly. "Why?"

"Why is it any of your business?" I ask, trying not to raise my voice.

"Because she's mean and she's been a right bitch to our family." She snaps back. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

"Lauren, she's the only girl I ever dated that I've been love with. Doesn't that freaking count for something?"

"Not to me." She answers, and when I don't come up with a response her eyes flicker to mine before she turns and leaves, stomping away with Darian and Maddie in tow. Fuck.

I'm tempted to run after her but I don't, after remembering something my Mom told me– teenage girls are always right. Like hell they are.

Turning on my heel, I walk back to the caravan that Nadia works at. I'm about to do something stupid; incredibly stupid. When I reach the caravan, I notice that she's not up front selling items and instead it's one of my old friends Jason.

"Jason!" I yell out, and he looks for my voice amidst the small crowd. "Do you know where Nadia is?"

His mouth is busy barking out orders to people, but I see him jerk his thumb out back. I put my hands together in a praying motion before mouthing the words thank you at him. He grins, and I walk behind the caravan.

"Nadia?" I ask, spotting a girl sitting at a table with orange hair cascading down her back.  The girl turns.

"Oh, hey Johnny." Nadia smiles.

"Hey... Do you want to come back to mine tonight?" I say, knowing I just pulled the stupidest stunt of my whole entire life.

•••

[607 words]

O shit more drama and fights lolll.

Vote if you think Johnny just did something really, really stupid ;)

*edited