4 ↝ new people & cute boys

Mackenzie Ziegler
11 June 2017

•••

"Okay, what the hell was that?" Lauren asks me as I drop into the seat next to her. The weathers got me flushed and hot already– but something tells me that it's not just the weather making me feel this way.

"What was what?" I question innocently.

"You! You were totally checking out Johnny just now. You don't like him do you?" She says excitedly, rushing through her words.

"No!" I say abruptly, a little too soon. "Y–you have to admit thought, that he doesn't look bad shirtless." The last sentence I add on to make more convincing, but I'm not sure she quite believes me. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
"No Mackenzie, he was checking you out too!" She laughs, and I brush my legs down in an attempt of nonchalance.

"Who wouldn't in this bikini?" I wink, joking again, but on the inside I'm dying. He was checking me out too?

"Any guy would that has a brain in his head, obviously." She teases. I smile.

"Thanks– I guess?"

"Anytime. But serious, you don't like my brother?" She quizzes me again.

"No." I lie, putting on my sunglasses. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
"Okay, well if you insist you don't like him why don't you go introduce yourself to that guy?" She says, pointing. "His name is Hayden, and trust me, he has a better body than John."

I look over at the pool. He was the guy that was facing Johnny when I came into the pool area so I didn't see him, but even I admit he has a better body than John. In fact, they look very similar but I suspect he has some hispanic or latin history somewhere because of his slightly more tanned than usual skin and dark hair. He's pulling himself out of the pool, and the water droplets around his stomach area highlight his toned body. When he looks straight at me I'm caught by surprise, and he sort of half smiles when he realises I'm checking him out. Grabbing his towel, he rubs it through his hair in a failed attempt to dry it. When Johnny says something to him, he turns away, but his eyes still linger slightly on me for a few seconds.

I turn to Lauren, and she grins at me. "I ship." She says, and I protest. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
"I've never even spoken to him before!" ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
"Well the way you looked at him said otherwise." She laughs. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" I repeat her saying from earlier– not smiling in the slightest.

"I don't know. But I still ship." She grins. I stutter out a few noises of protest, before Darian yells at us from the other side of the pool.

"Lauren, Kenz, come over here!"

I look at Lauren, shrugging, before we stand and walk over. Barely making it halfway to the other side, I understand whats happening too late.

"Laur–" I yell, and before I can finish my sentence Johnny pushes me in the pool, Darian doing the same to Lauren. I go flying through the air and plummet into the ice cold water with a scream. Popping up to the surface, I'm about to yell at them but Lauren beats me to it.

"Johnny! Darian!" She screams. "You idiots!"

I can only laugh, as she's fuming. I shrug at her when she realises I'm not backing her up.

"You would have had to get in anyway." I reason, the boys laughing at my remark. She tries to stay grumpy, but gives up.

"Ugh! You guys!" She giggles, and I grin. She starts doing swimming laps to warm up, but I don't want to at all. Nope, far too cold for me.

Swimming to the side, I'm about to pull myself up when a hand pops up in front of my face.

"Need help?" The hot guy named Hayden asks, and I grin.

"Yes please." I grin, taking his outstretched hand, and letting him pull me out of the water. I then stand, watching him. He shakes my hand playfully.

"Hi, I'm Mackenzie." I say, almost blushing at our close proximity.

"Well hello Mackenzie, I'm Hayden." He grins, wide eyed.

And that's where it started– that smile.

•••

[733 words]

Hey! This was written back when Kayden was actually relevant lol, #savage . Pls don't kill me, but leave a comment instead telling me what you thought of the chapter ;)

*edited