Late For School (Wilford Warfstache X Child!Reader)

Suggested by: @Game_Over_69

==========================

You ran down the stairs, late for school again.

"Wait, wait!" you shouted, running after the bus, but your short seven-year-old legs couldn't carry you fast enough. The bus turned the corner, and was gone. It was a twenty minute walk to school, and your parents already went to work. Yeah, pretty bad parents, am I right? Leaving to work before making sure their child got to school safely?

Well, better late than not showing up at all, you sighed mentally, and started shuffling down the sidewalk, adjusting your grip on your Mickey Mouse backpack.

"Hello," someone greeted behind you. You spun around, eyes widening. Your brain kicked into hyperdrive, and you instantly imagined the worst possible scenario. He was an assassin, because your parents were secretly government spies, and they got themselves compromised, accidentally spilling their personal information, therefore he was coming for you after taking care of your parents!

Wait.

Never mind. It was just a creep.

"I don't talk to strangers," you replied coolly, staring at the strange looking man by the curb, near a grey Lexus. He had bubblegum coloured fluff at the top, and black hair on the sides. He had a yellow button-up and suspenders, with a moustache the same colour as his hair.

"Feisty one, aren't ya?" he chuckled, grinning with teeth so sparkly you thought you might go blind.

"Uh... I need to go. Bye," you muttered, hurrying away.

"Now, now, hold up there, little one." You felt him grab your arm, but when you turned around, he let go.

"If you don't leave me alone, I'll scream!" you threatened. "You're harra... harase... harassing me!" you shouted, taking a few tries to pronounce 'harassing' correctly. He stared at you with his eyes wide, then smiled.

"I'm not going to hurt you, kiddo," he explained. "I just saw you looking at the bus that left a few minutes, and I was going to offer you a ride," he explained.

"Oh... really?" you asked, perking up. He nodded. Then you narrowed your eyes. "I don't believe you!" you announced triumphantly, thinking that you had just solved the greatest crime ever.

"Aw, kiddo," he laughed, ruffling your hair and crouching down to your height. "I'm telling the truth." His smile was kind, his golden-brown eyes glistening with joy.

"But... I don't know you! You could kidnap me!" you objected.

"Yeah, but only a creep would do that," he said. "Now, you could either trust me and hop in the car, or you can continue on your way. I'm giving you a choice," he smiled, standing up and walking back to his car. You looked back down the street, then at the man with the colourful hair. You walked to him, and hopped in the backseat, buckling your seatbelt.

"Union Woods Public School please, my good man!" you shouted, reciting some words you heard on the television last night. The man chuckled as he got into the driver's seat, and started the engine.

"As you wish." He started driving the same route you saw every day on the way to school, so you knew he was telling the truth when he said he wouldn't kidnap you.

As you reached the entrance to your school, the bell just rang. You got out, almost running in, but then stopped and ran back to the car.

"Thank you, sir!" you grinned, showing off the gaps that used to hold your two front teeth. He nodded.

"Call me Mr. Warfstache, kiddo. Wilford Warfstache. What's your name?" he asked kindly.

"(Y/N)!" you announced happily.

"Well then, (Y/N), maybe I'll see you around. Don't miss the bus next time, I might not be there!" he warned, but his eyes said otherwise. Even so, you nodded your promises, and went in the school, only two minutes late.

The next day, he was there, making sure you got on the bus safely.

==========================

Early publish. :P

Word count: 626