Christmas Spirit (Dr. Schneeplesteen)

Date: December 29th

Day 5

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"What are you doing here, Schneep?" you asked your friend, "the good doctor", as you opened the door and saw him standing in the cold.

"I just wanted to stop by for ze holidays," he answered, taking his mask off his face. Why was he still wearing his surgeon gear? He wasn't even within a five-mile radius of a hospital as of now.

"That's nice of you. How about you come in, I can make you a cup of hot cocoa?" you offered, opening the door wider to let the man in.

"Zat's very kind of you, (Y/N)," he said in his usual accent. "I vould love a nice cup of hot cocoa." He walked into your house and took off his shoes, brushing the snow off his jacket.

"C'mon in, I'll get the cocoa to you soon," you said, walking deeper into your house. He followed you in, looking around your place.

"Your house is different since I last saw it," he commented.

"Oh, you know, I just moved some stuff around because I didn't like the way they were before... plus all the holiday decorations make it all look more... happy," you smirked, nodding to the Christmas tree.

"Holiday decorations?  Vat is zis... holiday?" he asked, looking quite confused.  You gaped at the doctor, completely and utterly flabbergasted.

"You don't know what the holidays are?" you gasped.

"No.  I do not celebrate it," he said, shaking his head. "I am always busy doing... doctor... stuff."

You just kept staring at him, your mouth wide open.

"You are going to catch flies, (Y/N).  Close your mouth," Schneeplesteen pouted, looking disgruntled. "I am sorry I do not know vat your stupid 'holidays' are."

"Haven't you heard of the Christmas Spirit?" you asked him.

"No. I have never heard the phrase before," he said, shaking his head again.

"It's that feeling of joy you get when the holidays are near! Don't you even feel it a little bit whenever you put your decorations up?"

"I don't put decorations up in my house. Too time-consuming and distracting. I have other things to do," he waved it away, and you stood up, placing your hands on your hips.

"Doctor Scheeplesteen, you are the strangest not-doctor I have ever seen!" you exclaimed.

"You take zat back! I am one-hundred percent a real, certified, doctor!" He looked offended, placing his hand on his chest in hurt.  You just stared at him, and he eventually got uncomfortable, glancing away. "I swear, I am a real doctor."

"So you don't have a Christmas spirit?" you just asked, going to the kitchen to grab the hot cocoa.

"No, I don't believe I have.  Vat is zat?  Is zat something I can cut off you?" he asked, almost eagerly as you placed the mug on the coffee table beside him.

You just sighed and turned your back to the doctor with some contempt.

"You disappoint me, Doctor," you huffed.

"I have been known to do zat at times," he chuckled, taking a sip of hot cocoa. "How about you explain zis term to me?"

"It's like... a good feeling you get when you wake up in the morning, and you remember that it's Christmas," you tried to say in the simplest way possible. "It's a nice feeling, the feeling that nothing could go wrong."

"Zat must be a strange feeling for you," he joked, smirking at you.

"Funny man," you scowled. "Do you at least get it now?"

"Sure, if you want me to," he shrugged, then took another long gulp. "Thank you for your hospitality, (Y/N), but I really must be getting on my way.  I have an appointment with... my next patient." He smirked a bit and turned away. "I will... see you sometime later, yes?  Zen we can discuss zis... Christmas spirit a bit more... see if I can amputate it out of you."

"Sick bastard," you scoffed, walking to the door to let him out.

"I speak in all good fun, (Y/N).  You of all people ought to know zat," he smiled, and slipped his doctor's mask back on, his eyes crinkling up in amusement.  You just rolled your eyes with a smile, closing the door on the good doctor.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Word count: 705