Chapter 10

Niall’s POV

After several failed attempts to call Dan, I’d given up. Maybe it wasn’t him telling her do all these things. How could someone drag a young girl into that world? She doesn’t know what she’s doing. Actually she does. And that’s what scares me. When did Lo become like this? She’s been completely stripped of her innocence, which is why I was so attracted to her in the first place.

She was a really good kid. She was never too annoying like some of my friends’ younger siblings. She always wanted to hang around us but Louis didn’t allow her. Not even on bike rides around the block or playing football in the backyard even though she played better than most the boys we hung out with.

Then she started to grow up and I noticed. She’s beautiful and fun and down to earth. I started seeing her as more than just a friend but I didn’t want to date her either. I couldn’t help myself. I was going through a tough time and I didn’t have time for a girlfriend so I started hooking up with girls in high school but never making a commitment. I made many broken promises but I never did that to Lo. She knew what we were. It would complicate everything if we were to become more than that.

Now I’m ready. I am ready to have a girlfriend. I’m ready to come clean to Louis and our families. I want Lauren. I love her and now I’m starting to think that I am really falling in love with her. She’s the one girl that can change all my ways. I would give up random girls and late nights out partying for her. She is worth it. I don’t need the single life if I have her in my arms. And now all I wanted was her safe and wrapped in my arms.

If you think Louis is mad, imagine how bad I am fuming. If someone has her there is no telling what I might do. Wait until I get my hands on the person who is forcing her to go out into the dangerous streets of Mexico to pick up a few “things” for him. I will kill him. But for now we needed to find Lo, which we weren’t going to get done just standing in the hotel lobby.

I handed Lauren’s phone back to Louis. He had such anger in his eyes and it was all directed at me. Not at the people who she got involved with. Louis is a very protective person, if you couldn’t tell. Of his family, his friends and especially Lauren. He’s been looking out for Lauren her entire life. No one dared to mess with her because they would have to face Louis and the rest of us. Many people in high school feared us with good reason. That’s how we liked it.

If one person tried to pick on Lauren, Louis would step in and take care of it. Usually he would just scare them off. That’s when we were kids. Once we got to high school and Lauren became “hot” guys were going after her all the time. I’ve punched more people for that girl than anything. Guys were being guys. They would slap her ass or pull her bra strap. They did it to a lot of girls. I always felt sorry for the ones stupid enough to do that to Lauren. And the worst beating was given to Chris but he deserved that one.

Louis is more protective than a mother of her cubs. And of course I feel like shit for all of this. Louis trusted me. He’s my best friend and I did something I promised I would never do. I would never go there with his sister. We all promised him we would never try anything with Lauren. There is just such an attraction between us. We are pulled to each other and I will not apologize for that.

He was there for me throughout my parents divorces, even when I hit my low points. I cried to him. I cried. I don’t do that but he didn’t judge me or mock me like most guys would. He held me tight and promised that it would be okay. And how did I repay him? I fucked his sister over and over. I didn’t even treat her that well always. I would sneak into her room at night and then leave when I got what I wanted. I would ignore her in the halls. Then sometimes we would just hang out and that’s when I got to know her, the real her. She opened up to me, told me things she didn’t tell anyone. I never understood why she still wanted me. I’m not that great of guy. I guess maybe she sees right through me. Straight through my tough guy act to who I really am.