Chapter 20

sorry if im bombaring you with notifications... its all up to date now

Things only got better between Niall and I after his birthday. Everyone seemed to accept our relationship for what it was. Louis backed off and stopped threatening Niall about hurting me. Not that it mattered much to me but my parents told me they were okay with Niall and I dating. Whether they liked it or not I was still going to be with him. We’ve come so far just to give up because my parents weren’t happy. They have their own issues. They don’t need to concern themselves with my dating life.

I made the wise decision that I couldn’t be jealous when Niall would talk to other girls. As long as it was only talking. I wanted him to trust me and I had to give him that same respect.

I thought long and hard about it. I put myself in his shoes. I spend a lot of time with my brother’s friends. That includes Zayn, which Niall has every right to be weary about. He shouldn’t be worried because I don’t see Zayn that way. Yes, I still find him attractive but I never wanted anything with him like I have with Niall.

If Niall wanted to have a conversation with a girl he didn’t need my permission, I guess you could say. I tried to push every jealous thought and insecurity I had to the side and trust that he would never do anything to intentionally hurt me.

That was something else I needed to work on personally. The girls Niall hung around were gorgeous. They were mostly blondes. Naturally beautiful. How do I possibly compete with that?

He’s known me for so long that I was afraid that he would grow tired of me. One day he might wake up and realize that I’m not what he wants anymore. We’ve been chasing each other for so long. Now that the chase is over, what if he gets bored? That thought scared me the most.

I could see myself with Niall for the rest of my life. I could never have enough of him. Even when he got on my last nerve I would still want to be around him. I never wanted him to leave.

“We’re leaving at 2?” Amanda rolled to her side to ask me.

I nodded my head. “Whenever Harry gets out of class.”

Niall chose this weekend to use his birthday gift from me. He was going on and on about it all week. His face would light up any time someone would start a conversation about it.

 “At least the guys will have fun” she groaned, flopping on to her stomach. “What are we supposed to do?”

“Go dirt biking with them” I answered like it was obvious. Amanda is much more of a girl than I am. She would freak if she got dirt anywhere near her perfectly manicured nails.

“I’ll be happy watching from the sidelines” she sighed.

“Ladies” Niall grinned as he walked into the room.

“It’s called knocking” Amanda shot him a look before her face fell back in her pillow.

“What’s gotten into her?” he asked before placing a quick kiss on my lips. I shrugged and scooted over for him to lie next to me. “We couldn’t have waited for Harry at the house?” Niall complained. “My queen bed is much better than this piece of shit.”

“Then go back to your room” I teased, shoving him towards the edge of the bed.

“Yeah?”

I bit my lip and nodded. Before I knew it was pinned underneath him, my head hanging off the edge of the bed as he continued to push my body towards the edge.

“Oh my god” Amanda whined. “You two make me sick” she mumbled and grabbed her purse. “I’ll wait for Liam at his car.”

“Hey!” I called after her. “I had to deal with the two of you for months.” She ignored me as she shut the door.