Chapter 11

It’s now summer vacation. I managed to pass all my classes so my parents were happy with that. They weren’t too thrilled to have me back home. My mom spoiled the shit out of Louis. I wasn’t mad. She’s done it his entire it life. She couldn’t give a damn that her little girl was home for the summer. It only mattered that her son was.

I knew this summer was going to be a bad one. But not even I could have predicted how bad it would get. Niall hasn’t talked to me since spring break. He hasn’t even looked at me. It broke my heart. Not only was the guy I in love with ignoring me but I was losing one of my best friends. The one I could turn to when things got really bad. You know how much that hurts to see the one you hold so close to your heart slip through your fingers. There was nothing I could do about it. He liked the innocent girl I used to be. Okay, maybe not so innocent but not as messed up as I’ve become. He liked the thrill of the chase. Knowing that he can’t ever really have me. Now he doesn’t even want me like that anymore.

Amanda was more in love with Liam now. Zayn started dating a new girl who hated me. So hanging out with him was out of the question. He ignored her when she told him to stay away from me. Apparently I am a threat now.

Louis was still up Briana’s ass. They spent every waking moment with each other. It was sickening. I actually started to get along with her a little more. She was at my house everyday so I was kind of forced to talk to her. We may even have moved to the next level in our relationship. I wouldn’t call us friends but I didn’t want to rip off her head everytime she opened her mouth. She was actually pretty okay when she wasn’t around my brother.

It was safe to say that I didn’t want to be home all the time. My mom and I were still having issues. My dad and I were our usual. We said hello to each other when we passed each other in the house. We watched baseball games together. I hung out with him more than my mom, which I was happy about.

Some of their fights though were pretty entertaining. Honestly I would be happy if they would get a divorce at this point. My mom could keep the house. My dad could get a nice condo. I, of course, would move in with my dad. Louis would stay with my mom since he’s such a mama’s boy. Briana and Louis could set up a nice little apartment together. One can dream, right? But I knew they wouldn’t get a divorce. They think it would kill Louis and me too much. Every time they fight it’s when Louis isn’t around. And when he comes home, they stop. He’s 21. I am sure he could handle it.

Tonight was one of the biggest parties of the year for our town. It’s one of those fancy benefit parties where everyone is forced to dress up. Parents force their children to be on their best behavior. It’s an annual party and I didn’t want to go. There was no one I was happy to see. My dad talked me into going. He bribed me with alcohol. Well champagne. I guess that’s a start.

Louis was having a few people over before the benefit started. I was hanging around the pool working on my tan. Louis and his friends ran passed my chair and did cannonballs into the pool soaking me. I stood up and growled.

“Did I get you wet?” Harry winked. I rolled my eyes and dried myself off with a towel. Niall’s eyes were glued on my body, just how I liked it. He watched carefully as I wiped myself with the towel. He could easily have me again but he’s the one that chose to end things.

It made a lot of sense for us not to be together. Thinking about it as an outsider, it would hurt a lot of people. Putting other people’s feelings aside, we were like fire and gasoline. We were really no good for each other. We knew how to push each other’s buttons and get on each other’s nerves. But there was such a spark between us. Being close to him sent fire burning through my blood. Our relationship was a lot of lust. But lust always turns into love. One person or both will always develop feelings. The only problem with us is mine are much deeper than his. I know he has feelings for me but Niall is the type to start dating a girl and get bored. He’s known me for too long. He would get bored within a week of actually dating me and I would be left with an unfixable broken heart. It would destroy me.