Chapter 22 (final)

“You sure this is something you want to do?” Zayn had his hands on my shoulders, blocking the doorway.

“Yeah” I sighed and nod my head slowly.

After I was released from the hospital I spent two days at a hotel. I didn’t want to see anyone for good, personal reasons. The only person I told was Zayn because I knew I could trust him to keep a secret.

I would have told Brianna but I knew that Louis would eventually squeeze the information out of her.

She spent all day and night with me in the hospital, just comforting me. I really appreciated it. I was scared out of my mind and she was there for me. Sure Niall and Louis would have been there for me too if I allowed them but I couldn’t.

They thought so lowly of me. I understand that maybe I am the girl that cries wolf.

There were many nights when I got too drunk or too high and I would call them for help. Most of the time I was just being a stupid drunk and they were tired of how I was acting. I understood that. I wouldn’t want to deal with me either.

But I’ve been sober for a few months now. I know how easy it is to relapse but I thought they would be there for me when I really needed them. And they weren’t. That’s what hurts the most.

“I can’t be here anymore” I shook my head.

Amanda had class all day so I took it as the perfect opportunity to pack up my side of the room. Zayn’s truck was filled to the maximum.

My mom spoke to the school and I was going to transfer to the community college near my house.

I needed the break. My lifestyle wasn’t healthy. My relationship with Niall wasn’t healthy. I needed time to focus on myself and get better.

Plus this all took a mental toll on me. I was drugged. It’s not something you get over quickly.

I should have known the minute those guys came into the house something was going to happen. Danny always has something up his sleeve. It was only a matter of time before he did something. I just thought he would have been man enough to do it himself instead of sending his scapegoats.

That night, I felt someone tugging at my dress while I was lying in the bushes but I couldn’t bring myself to fight back. I could barely lift my head. A car pulled in the driveway; the light shining on us causing whoever was attacking me to flee. The next thing I remember was Zayn shaking me awake.

“You don’t have to be scared anymore. Thos guys were locked away. Danny too” Zayn reminded me.

Louis gave the cops the lead and they were able to get a warrant on Danny’s apartment. They found enough drugs to put away from at least 10 years. Justice had been served but that wasn’t the only reason I wanted to leave.

“I know. I just don’t think this is the right place for me anymore” I shrugged.

I’ve wanted to go to this school since I came with Louis to visit the school when he was a senior. The campus is beautiful. The students we saw along the tour were having a great time. I couldn’t wait to apply and the day I got accepted I went crazy, jumping up and down and screaming it around the house.

“Okay” Zayn scratched the back of my head. “It’s going to be pretty boring without you kiddo.”

“I’m sure it won’t be that bad” I waved him off.

“Ready to go? Your mom promised me dinner and I’m not missing that.”

I laughed, grabbing the last of my bags and followed him out to the parking lot.