Chapter 12

Nialls’ POV

“Where the fuck is she?” For a moment I thought I was dreaming. God I wish I was too so I didn’t have to face this nightmare. “I know she’s here” Louis continued to scream. My hangover was the worst I’ve ever had. His shouting wasn’t helping my head at at all.

I groaned and forced myself to sit up. My eyes squinted open and when the blurry vision cleared worry spread throughout me. Louis was pacing my bedroom, throwing clothes from one side of the room to the other.
“I guarantee you she is not under that shirt” I laughed to ease some tension.

“Great. Laugh” he yelled. “I know she’s here. You can come out now Lauren. If you come out I promise I won’t kill you. More importantly I won’t kill him.”

I got up and slowly approached Louis. I didn’t want him punching me in the face. Again. “I was really drunk last night but not that drunk. I promise you that she’s not here.”
“Then where the hell is she?”
“I don’t know Louis.” And that was the honest answer. She left with Danny but I don’t know what happned after that. I’m sure she’s fine and Louis just needs to take a deep breath. “Did you call Amanda?” He nodded his head. “And?”
“She’s at my house with my mother. She won’t pick up her phone.”
“This just happened in Mexico Louis and she was fine. You just need to give her some space. She’s 19. She doesn’t need to come home every night.”

“Maybe you’re right. She could be fine.” I threw on a shirt and followed Louis downstairs.

“I’ll drive you back home.”

The ride there was silent. Louis’ leg was bouncing up and down. His parents were sitting in the kitchen with Amanda, Liam and Harry. They all had the same worried looked on their face.

“She’s fine” I said. Everyone’s eyes fell on me and I felt really uncomfortable.

“So you know where she is” Mrs. Tomlinson sighed and hugged me.

“Well, no. But this has happened before and she came home.”
“Happened before?” Louis questioned. “What happened before?” I looked over to Mrs. Tomlinson and she glared at me.

“Honey, don’t worry about that. Try calling her again.” Louis nodded and tried to phone Lauren again. Once Louis was out of the room, Louis’ mom pushed everyone else out of the kitchen. “Can we not bring that up right now? I assume Lauren told you what happened. Do not judge me Niall.”
“I’m not judging you. I never understood why she ran away back then and now I get it. She fought with you last night. This time wasn’t as bad as last so she should be home in a few hours.”

“Okay” she sighed. “I just want my baby to come home. I can’t help but think the worst.”
“Just don’t think that way.” I gave her a hug to soothe her worries. Yet my brain was running a mile a minute. Anything could happen with Danny.

“Nope” Louis said as he walked in the room. “Her phone is now off. Now will someone please explain what’s going on.”

“Nothing” I lied.

“What has she done in the past that you are not telling me about.” Louis sounded irritated and mad rather than worried now. We both remained silent and ignored Louis questions. “Tell me” he demanded. “Mom?”

A tear formed in Mrs. Tomlinson’s eye. I genuinely felt bad. I could only imagine telling your son of infidelity and lying about it for all these years. “I don’t think now is a good time” I said placing my hands on Louis’ chest to push him out of the kitchen.

“No” he threw my hands off of him. “I think now is the perfect time.”
“Louis, I-“ she started. “A few years ago our family was in a bad place.”