chapter 12 • mood

It was the next morning I felt better and relieved that the pain I felt two days ago was over, but I had to go to school today which made me die inside.

I didn't want to face Ana, Cole, Liz, Izzy, Matty, and Alex.

I didn't want to look or even hear Alex because of what he did that day at school, that boy thinks he can write on my locker and thinks he can get away with anything.

I know I forgave Alex for treating me bad but what he did was wrong very wrong.

I walk into school feeling overwhelmed, I didn't have anyone to talk-

"Mace we need to talk" ...till now, Cole is literally standing in front of me blocking me from the entrance!

"I'm really not in the moo-"

"Come on, it's important" he grabs my wrist and I flinch but he doesn't let go he drags me to the back of the school.

"What the hell cole!" I shout

"Listen to me Mace this is important, so please just listen" I shut my mouth and pay full attention.

"You may proceed" I say

"I know who wrote that cruel message on your locker" I feel my body fire up, I felt like crying I knew who it was already I didn't need a reminder

"Cole, I know it was Alex you don't need to remind Me" I say, he stares at me in confusion

"It wasn't..." he stops and whispers the last part

"It wasn't Alex, it was Ana" my jaw drops, I'm star struck, why would she do that to me what did I ever do to her and how did Cole know about this.

"How did... how do... how do you know that" I said furiously.

"Ana made all of us help her, all of us asked why she was gonna do it but she said that you betrayed her and that you are falling for Alex and she only said those bad things about Alex because she knew that you were going to fall for him and that he would fall for you so she wanted to separate you to or hate each other" I was frozen in place Ana did all that to me.

She was the one who did that, but why did I see Alex holding the paint brush?

"Then why was Alex holding the paint brush?" I asked in curiosity

"Alex stopped Ana, he saw her doing that-" I stopped him

"I thought you were my friend Cole, why did you help her anyway?"

"I was forced to" he says and fiddled with his fingers

"How?"

"I accidentally sent Ana my nudes" he said nervously I gasped and covered my mouth

"That bitch" I said

"Cole, why didn't you tell me before?"

"Because-" I heard a clap from a distance I turned around and saw Ana clapping