chapter 31 • my forever

Day after day week after week, I came to the hospital hoping he'll wake up praying that he'll tell me he loves me. But it's been five long weeks and he still hasn't responded.

That day he moved his finger was a miracle he heard me and I know it. My mom said that it happens to many patients but I believe that this is different that he actually heard me and that he wants to wake up.

I didn't stop visiting him even though there's nothing to do but his presence is comforting. I feel like a crazy love sick puppy but it's not my fault I love him.

Today I'm going to see him, I won't get my hopes up because everyday I say that hopefully he wakes up he never does and that's why I can't say that today.

I got a scholarship for photography and journalism and science I'm very happy I'm going to NYU to major in arts and science and it's very exciting Alex got accepted to many universities and I'm very proud of him too.

+

I enter the room and it's quiet as always, I open the blinds, kiss his forehead, sit next to him, talk about school and how everyone misses him even that she-devil Ana.

I felt something different from all the times I was here I looked at Alex and I saw him blink, I stood up and backed up, I didn't know what to do. I'm very scared of what's going to happen.

I look out the window and I see that the sun was shining more then before. "What year is it?" I turned around and I saw his eyes flutter, he was sitting up and I was still in complete shock.

"Aren't you going to say hi?" I frown I stomp towards him and I take a deep, deep breath.

"Alex Wave Montgomery, why in the world would you ever push me away from that car you almost died that could've been me not you!" I shouted his eyes were wide open now.

"Why weren't you thinking, I literally told you i love you and you had to go dying on me!, what in gods holy lords name were you thinking!" I pulled my hair and I cried a little.

"It's been a month and two weeks and I haven't heard your beautiful voice" I whispered, I looked at him and I can see that he was dehydrated, I passed him the water and he gulped it all down.

"Macey" his raspy voice was very and I mean very raspy he hadn't talked in a month so I understood perfectly. "I'm so, so, so in love with you" I freeze I might not show the excitement but in reality I'm dying.

"From the first day I met you I knew you were different, I acted tough because I didn't want to break down my walls again but I really do love you" I covered my mouth and hugged him very tightly. He pulled me closer to his chest I didn't want to cry but one single tear managed to escape.

"When's graduation?" He asked "next week" his eyes widened and looked out the window his eyes were sparkling and I was just way to mesmerized.

"How long was I out?" He was still looking outside, I think he's sad for missing out on many things. "A month" I said sadly.

"You've been accepted for many schools" I said out of nowhere "what college are you going to?" He asked but this time he actually looked at me.