Chapter One

'I know I can't take one more step towards you,'

Sam Winchester's Point Of View

I woke up to the sound of something falling, crashing to the floor. I rolled over to see if maybe Jess had gotten up, but she was sound asleep beside me. Grabbing my bat from beside my nightstand I slowly crept down the stairs.

I turned the corner into the kitchen, a man stood in front of my fridge, holding onto a beer. "Hey!" I yelled, hitting him in the side with my bat. The man quickly turned around, grabbing the bat and threw it to the other side of the room. I began fighting him with my fists instead.

As we continued our brawl I tripped on something and fell, the trespassers face now visible.

"Dean?" I asked completely shocked that he was here. I haven't seen him in years.

"You're getting rusty." He laughed sitting up. I punched him once again "Okay, maybe not." He said and we both stood up.

"What's going on?" Jess asked turning on the lights.

"Dean, this is my girlfriend Jess." I said wrapping my arm around her.

"Wait, your brother Dean?" She asked, I nodded as a replied. Dean was looking Jess up and down so I cleared my throat to draw back his attention.

"Anyway, I need to talk to your boyfriend alone, it's personal family matters." Dean said. Jess went to turn away but I stopped her.

"No, anything you say to me can be said in front of her." I said stubbornly.

"Okay... Dad hasn't been home in a few days." Dean said.

"He's probably working overtime on a Miller's time shift. He'll stumble back in sooner or later." I said getting a little annoyed. Dean looked at his feet for a few seconds and then back to me.

"Dad's on a hunting trip and he hasn't been home in a few days." He said, rephrasing what he originally stated. Without looking at Jess I spoke.

"Jess, could you excuse us for a minute?" I asked and with a short hesitation she nodded.

"Sure." She said.

Once she went back upstairs I spoke first. "You can't break into my home, in the middle of the night and expect me to drop everything and come with you!" I said harshly.

"You don't understand, dad is missing and I need you to help me find him." Dean replied using that same tone that I had just used.

"He's always missing, and he's always fine." I said.

"Never for this long," He sighed. "So are you gonna come with me or not?" He asked.

"I'm not." I replied holding my ground, Dad probably does not want to see me anyways.

"So you're gonna live a perfect little life?" He asked.

"Not perfect, safe!" I replied with haste. "Do you think this is what mom would want for us?" I raised my voice.

"In the last two year I've never bothered you, never asked for anything. Can I ask for help with this one thing?" Dean pleaded.

"Fine.'' I sighed shaking my head.

"Okay, thank you." Dean said. "Now here, listen to this, I received it a few days ago." He added pulling out his phone and opening his voicemail. It was a message from dad.

'Dean... something big is starting to happen... I need to try to figure out what's going on. It may... be very careful, Dean, we're all in danger.' This message ended with a weird screeching. The whole message had that sound like when you almost lose connection but the last few seconds were different."

"I slowed it down and found this." Dean said playing a recording. It was a woman's voice.

'I can never go home.' She said.

"Dean, I've heard this before!" I said.

"What?" He asked. I stood up quickly.

"Before we go I need to make a stop." I said, running up the stairs.

I pushed open the bedroom door. "Is everything okay?" Jess asked me as I began packing a bag.

"Yeah, just some family drama." I sighed.

"So you're just gonna leave in the middle of the night with your brother who you haven't seen in to years, even with the most important interveiw of your life on monday?" She asked.

"Dads probably lost track of time, so we're just going to go drag him back home. I promise I'll be home with plenty of time before the interview." I said, giving her a hug and kissing her on the forehead.

"Okay be safe." She chuckled climbing back into bed.

"I'll see you when I get back." I said.

As I walked down the stairs Dean was raiding my fridge. "Dean, come on. Let's go." I said.

"Okay, but first, where do we need to stop?" He asked.

"Two dorm buildings down, room seventy-two." I replied. Dean looked puzzled but ignored it.

While I was packing Dean went out and started the impala. We hopped in and it was alreadt warm. The drive to the dorm building was about three minutes so we didn't speak until he parked. "Come with me." I said.

We rushed up four flights of stairs, only slowing down when we got to room seventy-two, I knocked on the door and waited.