Chapter Fifteen

'Who do you think you are?'

Dean drove as fast as he could, the hospital was on the outside of the city so it was easy to get to.

I ran inside and stopped at the front desk. "Morgan Brandons!" I said.

"I'm sorry, I can't let you in, you are not family." She said.

"Like hell I'm not, I am his godmother!" I said slamming my fist on the counter. Everyone looked at me so I cooled myself off.

"Dani Brooks?" She asked.

"Yes." I said through my teeth.

"Come this way!" She said ushering me down a long hallway.

When I got to the end I saw Morgan, burns covering his body. It made me sick to think of the pain that is cursing through his body.

The doctor entered the room.

"Ah, you must be Miss. Brooks." He said.

"Yes, I am. How is he?" I asked.

"For the degree of burns he has, he is doing extremely well. We want to keep him here for a week to make sure that there is no other damages and then you will be able to take him home." He said.

"Thank you." I smiled.

"Also I have some paperwork from the lawyers that I need you to fill out and then you will be offically his guardian." He said handing me almost twenty stacks of paper.

"Thanks." I said as he left.

"Some." I chuckled at his underestimation.

"Dani?" Dean asked entering the room.

"Is this him?" He asked.

"Yes, I can't believe how strong he is now, it is amazing." I sighed.

"You know what it means, don't you?" I asked.

"Yes." He sighed placing his hand on top of mine.

"He has been chosen, he's going to have powers and we are not going to be able to help him." I sighed.

"Are you putting him up for adoption?" Dean asked.

"No." I sighed stroking Morgan's hand, where it wasn't burnt.

"What ? You have to!" He exclaimed.

"What so that his next set of unsuspecting parents can end up like Olivia?"

"Dani-" Dean started but I stopped him.

"Let's not go into this right now.Okay?" I asked tears forming in my eyes

"Okay, not right now. I'm going to get something to eat. Are you hungry?" He asked me.

"No." I said over my shoulder as he was leaving.

"Okay." He said.