f o u r

"There's something good in this world and it's worth fighting for." The instructor gave the students a little hope for the future and Elvira grinned as she recognized the famous quote from J. R. J. Tolkien's book The Two Towers. She low key wondered if Zach was aware of that book.

The sweet memory of Zach made Elvira smiled further and so long that her cheeks were hurting her badly. Lately, she's been thinking about this boy a lot. His way of acting, how timid he was and how handsome but yet so unaware of it.

Elvira walked down the Oxford Street and entered her favorite place in the world. The library.

The familiar scent of books made her whole face blush and relax as if nothing else mattered. And it didn't.

Sooner or later Zach was presenting her a new book old, classy, elegant and as if out of a fairytale as he always did. "There is something good in this world that it is worth fighting for," Elvira told Zach who grinned.

"Ugh, another sappy story, yet meaningful that I've read approximately two thousand times," Zach said while searching for a book.

"You seem to always be reading." Elvira bravery stated even though it might bother him.

Zach thought about what to answer for a second. He took his gaze from the bookshelf and placed it right across from Elvira's caramel eyes. "I like books. Books are quite. They have an interesting plot or a positive meaning. They never leave you no matter what." The last sentence caused him to smile sadly at the ground trying to erase all of his memories.

- 3 and a half years ago -

"This is the last time you are doing this to me!" the woman yelled at the man who was standing in front of her.

"Don't threaten me!" He yelled back and took a sip from the bottle he was holding. "He is your creature! Your masterpiece!" He said and pointed at the guy that had just ages 20 and couldn't take it anymore.

"Fuck! Leave us alone." The guy uttered but later on, he will find himself regretful of saying so.

- back to now -

"Zach! Do you need some water?" Zach snapped out of his thoughts. He nodded negatively.

"May I ask you something?" Elvira asked and her face turned red. Zach slightly grinned. He had a weird feeling that he'd like what he was going to hear. "Do you want to go out with me at the coffee shop this afternoon?"

Zach grinned goofy revealing his teeth. He nodded and then they made up the details.

Zach walked around the pastel blue coffee shop after having to deal with the recurrent questions of Jesse about his date.

By the time he opened the door, he spotted Elvira. She was wearing a max mini red dress and some black high stilettos. Zach blushed and thanked God that he listened to Jesse's advice and wore something more suitable for a date. The truth was that he didn't know it was a date.
"You look as beautiful as your personality." Zach took a little brave and told her. Elvira's whole face lit up. This guy is all she ever wanted.

"Zach, I want to know you better. Tell me a little bit about yourself. " Elvira said and Zach gulped. He wasn't sure what to say. Both of his parents were dead the only friend he had was Jesse.

"Um, okay. My friend Jesse is staying with me temporarily. He's quite famous he's a singer may I add." Elvira took his hand into hers. She's trying so hard for this boy.

"I didn't ask about Jesse but you."
"I stopped group therapy a year later, two years after my parents' death. Traumatizing. My mother died and my father committed suicide." Zach stopped. He opened up. He finally opened up to someone rather than Jesse.

After that, the night floated soothingly. Jesse was laying on his couch eating a pizza. "I told you baddie. You are worth it." Zach grinned and took a shower as he did every night.

thanks for reading vote if you liked the chapter :)