f i v e

"Stop humming Jesse." Zach ordered while managed the books that had just arrived.

"Whatever!" Jesse said but actually continued humming which turned into singing. "I am sick and I am tired too. I can admit I am not fireproof.."

"Can you please shut up? This is a library." Zach ordered as politely as possible.

Jesse acted as if he cared. "No." Was all he answered.

The bell rung and the entrance door of the library opened and Elvira came in holding a bunch of books that she had bought earlier on. Zach smiled by the time he saw her and Jesse smirked as he understood that this was the girl his best friend had turned hills over head for.

"Did you find any of this bunch of books interesting?" Zach asked and saw Jesse's constantly smirk.

"To be exact..." Elvira stopped for a minute to see Zach's smile slowly falling into pieces. "... I loved them all. It's incredible your taste for books. You are incredible." Elvira added making Zach smile the hell out of him.

Jesse made his way to introduce himself to the brown haired girl. He also wanted to be by Zach's side in case he makes a fool of himself or don't talk much. "I'm Jesse." He said and grinned at Elvira. He offered his hand for her to shake and so did she. 

"Nice to meet you Jesse, I'm Elvira." Elvira said and smiled shyly. Zach bit his lower lip feeling kinda left out, because Jesse had always his way with girls.

"Oh, so you are Elvira that Zachy wouldn't shut up for?" Jesse said and Zach punched him with his elbow. Zach face heat up and wanted to disappear from the earth.

"Really?" Elvira asked and looked at Zach who had crossed his arms in front of his chest, looking shyly the ground. "So nice of him!" Zach smiled and blushed even harder than before. "Anyway I'm here because I need another good recommendation for my past-time."

Zach grinned. Finally something I'm confident talking about. He thought to himself and suggested another romantic book. Nothing too perverted like his feelings. Pure, understanding, kind. "I think this one is nice, but I'm afraid I'll soon run out of good suggestions. You read a lot as well." Zach said and scratched his back. Jesse was always spying at them.

Elvira giggled. "Maybe then we will with thrillers." Zach grinned because that meant they would spend more time together. 

After an hour Elvira exited the library and Zach had to deal with Jesse's comments on her. Jesse smirked and Zach started getting really annoyed by him. "What?" He asked.

"She likes you. Ask her out." Jesse said, his smirk never leaving his face.

"No, she doesn't. And what was that you did before for?" Zach asked and crossed his arms. 

"Oh, come on, she does and we both know that. And that was a gift from me to you for a accommodating me." Jesse said and Zach rolled his eyes. 

A good five hours or so passed by easily and Zach's shift was over. Jesse and he walked home in the pouring rain wishing they had a car and complaining in general. "Stupid rain. In Los Angeles it rarely ever rains. What's wrong with this place?" Jesse complained and reminded himself when he was at his home Newbury Park in California.

"Rain is poetic Jesse. It represents sadness, mysteriousness and sends you dark vibes. Some people prefer it from the warm sun." Zach said while looking out for cars that were driving crazily fast. One almost ran into Jesse if Zach hadn't pulled him back to the pavement. 

"Whatever you say, Shakespeare. Next time though remember not to complain about the cars, as you enjoy the rain that much!" Jesse told him off and Zach laughed at how he told him, probably because Shakespeare was the only poet Jesse knew. "No, I know more poets, smartass." 

"Name me three." Zach challenged him.

"Dickinson, Yeates and 2pac." Jesse said with confidence as always.

Zach shook his head. "2pac?" He asked and laughed. 

"Oh shut up already." Jesse said and they finally reached home after been soaked from the rain which turned out to be a cloudburst.

thanks for reading ♥ vote if you liked it.