Scars to Your Beautiful

~2 Weeks Later~

I knock on the front door to Mark's house and he opens it with a smile. "Hey, Alex, what's up?"  I smile.

"Is Ethan present?" I say, looking over his shoulder for a glance of the blue haired boy. He laughs.

"Strait to the point, eh? Well, I think he's in his room right now. You can try to talk to him." I nod, and he lets me in. I walk up the stairs and find the second guest room. The door's closed. I knock. I hear shuffling, than-

"Who is it?" Ethan says from the other side

"It's the pizza man." I say, picking a spot on my chin. Cute laughter answers my joke, and the door opens to reveal my boyfriend.

"Alex!" He tackles me in a hug. I smile, hugging back.

"Hey, Ethan." I say into his shoulder. After a few seconds, he lets go, and plants a kiss on my lips.

"It's so great to see you." He says. I smile.

"Yeah, I know. Sorry that I haven't been here in a week." After I explained my self harm problem to Ethan and Mark, I spent some time at home to reflect and collect myself. I broke down telling them, and I just needed some time to recharge.

"No, it's okay, you needed space. Come in." He leads me into the room. It's a bit bigger than were I was staying, and more personalized. The desk in the corner has Ethan's recording stuff on it, and the dresser has a bunch of his stuff as well.

"Looks like you've lived your life in here." I say, looking up to him. He laughs. We sit on the bed, and he turns to me, face suddenly serious.

"Look, Alex, I'm really happy you told Mark and I about... you know what. I feel like I can trust you, and I'm really glad that you feel the same. And, I wanted to know... can you show me your scars?" I take a deep breath.

"Ethan, I... I'll show you." I take a breath. Still holding his hand I pull up the sleeve on my hoodie. I grimace at the sight of the skin. It's so scarred that it looks a tint darker than it actually is. There are many scratches, and two very big ones. One like the one in my drawing, and one like a bracelet across my wrist.

All the memories I've tried to repress start flooding in. I feel my eyes sting with tears. "Here they are." I say flatly. He just looks at them.

"How have i never noticed them before?"

"I only wear short sleeves at night, when it's too dark to see it." I explain, trying to concentrate on keeping bad thoughts away. He runs his fingers down my arm, tracing each scar. I watch him, almost like I'm in a trance. No one has ever been so delicate with me.

"Why would you do this?" He finally asks softly. I sigh.

"I just felt so alone. I felt like no one would ever want me in their lives. Sometimes I still feel that way... late at night..." He suddenly looks up, his gorgeous teal eyes full of sorrow.

"Don't ever do this again. You will always have me, I promise. Please, just... don't do this to yourself," He murmurs, before puling me in for a kiss. I close my eyes as a feeble attempt to stop tears. No dice. They stream down my cheek as we kiss, and i feel him reach up and wipe them away. After a minute, he lets go, and I hug him.

"I love you, Ethan. I hope you know that" I whisper into his shoulder. I feel him lightly kiss my neck.

"I love you too, 'Lex. Never forget that." He whispers back.

I don't know why we're whispering. I don't know why I'm crying. I don't know why I deserve Ethan's love. But here I am, whispering, crying, and him telling me he loves me. I hope it never ends.

(A/N)

Happy is coming. I swear.

Sorry that this took forever, I started watching AmazingPhil's livestream. Plus editing takes a bit when it comes to this fanfic, since it's my most popular.

Song: Swalla, Jason Derulo ft. Niki Manaj and Ty Dolla $ign

Hope your day's going great!! <3

Salem