t h i r t y t w o

Reread last chapter before this one!

All good times come to an end, with or without our consent.

Emily
》》

Continuation | part 2:

I eluded everyone until the final rang, then missing emotions creep in. Fear to return to him, nervousness for the plan that almost had numerous faults and happiness to see Adam again. To see my once upon a time, useless knight again.

With each step towards his locker, my pace slowed, while majority of the school's population bolted. Inconspicuously, I checked the surroundings before attempting break into his locker with hair pins, then my fist when all my hard work, didn't pay off.

“Open you stupid thing!”

With a click and pop, the dull locker swing forth and now holds my fate to return. Turning after it shut, I didn't anticipate to meet an familiar pair of concealed forest, and before I can even speak, his soft lips came in contact with mine.

But unlike with Jaden, I responded and deepen the kiss with the boy who tried to save me, this broken girl, that's feeling complete in his arms...

《《》》

Inescapable Jaden was, stealing my life away at seven, converting it into his and all I could do was comply. Then an knight appear, like an new character in a game but instead of being an enemy, he became my ally.

My master plan to escape this dark life...

Breaking the fully accepted kiss with my once useless knight, while motivating myself to run before he somehow finds this girl and snatch her away again.

But at that very moment, my knight crumbled. Into bits and pieces, he fell shattering all around this queen with no crown and could only watch, as Adam became the fragments in my life...

“...W-hy d-did you l-eave me...? did he hur-t yo-u again? oh god...p-lease say no...”

Salted tears ran down my caramel skin, but it wasn't entirely mine. Dark browns leaked for the first person in my life who protected me- a girl that thought she was broken beyond repair, but was proved wrong by love, that unknown emotion that's becoming known.

And even though it pains me to return to the world I didn't even wanted to enter, I prefer to suffer alone, than to see Jaden hurt my knight.

‘Sometimes Emily, even Queens have to sacrifice.’

This was my last thoughts was I starred directly into his concealed forest and said words, that were a mere farfetched dream before running away like Cinderella when the clock struck twelve midnight.

“I love you Adam, even without a heart.”

—But sadly this isn't an fairytale, so no fairy godmother or knight was able to save me when the monster ripped off my clothes in fury after I returned, and took away what he always wanted.

Claiming the last thing of mine, which is now his...

《《》》
I'm back!!
And I'm doing a few minor and major changes to this story because of errors.

Also Life In Fragments came second in The Wing Awards 2017!!