t h i r t y e i g h t

Forgiving the bad, is the hardest thing to do.

Adam
《《

Continuation | part 5: Last part in the past

I am an inverted Rapunzel, trapped behind concerted wall of unseen door. Lost in the darkest and resided with my ancestor. Where she creep, crawl, walk, run then left tied to a bonded by a band, then created the third generation.

This is where I resided, bare and losing my mind.

Pulling my hair in frustration, I reread the riddle for the fifth time, before groaning and dropping my head in defeat.

Her clever play in words twisted my mind, leading me to dead ends everytime I enter the maze. Her precaution was perfect, there's no way Jaden would've understood this, but unfortunately, neither do I.

“You should take a break from that.”

My head jerked up towards the voice of my mother, before I sighed and shook my head.

“I need to find her.”

The soft tap of her footsteps approaching me, filled my eardrums before she sits on the floor, now eye level to me. Just then, I noticed the worry that shun through her grey swirls for orbs.

The worry from myself and Emily, who she cares for as one of her own.

“We will find her, but you need clear your mind. You're too overwhelmed to concentrate on the task at hand.”

Nodding, knowing that she's right, I stood before stretching out my aching muscles, then answering her internal question of my sudden movements.

“I'm going to train with the monster's copycat.”

—With that, I left the room with my shoulders squared, read for a rematch of the ages.

《《》》

Entering my basement— now transformed into an training felicity, the battle before me paused to my arrival. A hand to hand combat between Dimitri and Joshua, who merely nodded at my present, unlike Dimitri, who added an sarcastic comment.

“Here to kill me already, I see.”

I only shrugged at his words.

“Perhaps, anything's possible.”

Fear flashed through his blues, that was instantaneously replaced by angry, making him spat words of such fury, that's been weighing on his heart for two days now.

“Kill me then you crybaby or do you need more time to understand this as well.”

This is where I resided...

Frustration and vexation clouded my better judgement, quickly I was upon throwing punches, releasing all the emotions I felt ever since she sacrifice herself to that beast.

I couldn't take feeling useless anymore.

But then, a pair of hands roughly pull me away from an bleeding Dimitri, who cough up blood and smirked at my antics.

“Where is she, Adam?”

“I DON'T KNOW!”

He jerked back in surprised of the volume of my words, before beginning to torture my soul verbally, but it felt like an knife continuously piercing my heart.

“So what? you're gonna leave her with that beast who's probably raping her as we speak! claiming for over and over again while she screams for you to save her!”

Standing he walks over to my restricted form, before speaking again which breaks me completely.

“He's probably hold that gun to her head and you're telling me you don't know! I THOUGHT YOU LOVE HER!”

“SHUT UP!”

Breaking out of Joshua's hold— who's been silent during this entire dispute, I attacking Dimitri once more, bruising my knuckles with each hit, but somehow he manage to ask the question again halting my fist mid-punch.

“I don—”

...Where she creep, crawl, walk, run then left tied to a bonded by a band, then created the third generation.

Third generation.

Third.

Pushing myself off Dimitri I stood before whispering towards their confused faces,

“I know where she is.”