t w e n t y o n e

She always believes she's strong even when broken, even when weak.

Adam
《《

She's avoiding me.

The tutoring became a cycle after that first, unplanned and embarrassing night. My family and myself, opened our hearts to her, which she cautiously stepped in, as if she was afraid to break ours like hers did.

Yes, I know emotions was stripped away and her heart lays in fragments, but who did it? who hurt her to that extent?

Whoever it was, rekindled the pain that was beginning to fade and I didn't save her. I was useless.

But then I found the broken queen, chocolate waves halting before her always squared shoulders, which is now slumped with a pain I can't imagine.

Then her body shook and I became brave...

I was thankful it was during the lunch hour and everyone in this world, stays indoors with head downcast into a phone screen. Mindless humans they are, but at this moment, I was joyful for the expansion and upgraded technology.

Rushing to her, the two organs that forever disagree, came to an decision with a single thought, as I touched her shoulder.

‘I was going to help her. To fix her.’

Release from her lips was a gasp, then the furious attempt to hide her pain that wants out. To be freed.

“D-on't l-ook at me Adam, please. Just go.”

“...I'm not leaving you Emily, not now.”

That pain, I can only believe, came from years of unwanted mistreatment, exploded and I took every hit. Every word. Just for her.

“Stop pretend to care! I don't want your pity. I don't want it! LEAVE!”

I only pulled her into my arms and let the tears fall, without questioning, but her muffled answer came, and my heart broke for her.

“My heart was pulled from the abyss, only to fall again. To be shattered once more, by the same person, I once adore.”