chapter 12

The figure was still there, it hadn't moved, Mara had moved to the far end of the cave always keeping an eye on it. It moved into the ‘light’, in the center of the stone prison there was light but no light source, the figure turned into a man about 6 foot with a beard that hung around his small square face. “ don't come any closer.” Mara put her hand out in front of her like it would stop him, “I'm not here to hurt you, I'm here to help you.” his voice was strong and steady, it was voice was calm. “ why should I trust you?” “ because I have a key to get you out and I know where Anna is.”

The room Sebastian lead Anna to was where her dagger had been. Sebastian walked to the center and placed her dagger on a stone table, as soon as it touched the stone, it glowed. “ give me your hand.”  Sebastian changed to devil form and held out his hand to Anna, she took it, the moment she did a wave of cold past through her like all the life was taken from her. Anna's hand rested on the hilt of the dagger, It was cold to the touch.

“Memoria gutta plaustrum” Sebastian started to chant “Memoria gutta plaustrum,Memoria gutta plaustrum.” The dagger pounded in Anna's hand, the chanting stopped and Anna open her eyes. “where are we?” they were no longer in the stone room but in a meadow. “ we're in the past, our past.”  Sebastian started to walk “ I wasn't always a devil, I used to be a man and you looked at me with love not with discussed.” Sebastian looked hurt and for the first time human. Anna didn't know what to say.  She wanted to run away from the world, to hide. “ we were close?” was all that she could say. “yes Until I found the magicae nigrae then everything changed.” he walked towards the wood that was outside the meadow. “wait Sebastian, tell me what happened, what is the magicae nigrae?” “ it's the book of black magic. The source of evil. Come, let's go.” Anna followed Sebastian into the wood. They came to a clearing. “ what do you want to show me?” Anna was getting fed-up of the mystery. “ wait and see.”  they wait for about an hour before voice could be heard, Anna and Sebastian's past self's came into the clearing. They were laughing and they looked like they truly loved each other. both Anna and Sebastian were wearing medieval hunting gear.

Anna was wearing a Black mini hunting dress that cut off at the knees with long sleeves and a flower belt, decorated with lilies and daisies. Red lace zigzagged up the sleeves giving a graceful feel. Red lace hung up the left side of the dress. She looked beautiful. Sebastian looked handsome in his white blouse and brown hunting trousers and jacket. The clearing had a camp fire and shelter in the center. “ Anna dear, I have something for you.” Sebastian turned and smiled at her. “ what?”