chapter 20

Anna had seen the knife enter Mara's stomach, sewn her drop to the ground. She got up, if it was the last thing she did as herself, anna would kill Sebastian, there probably was a way for Sebastian to be brought back but she didn't care. Anna got up, Sebastian was distracted by Mara, Anna had her chance.

The dagger went into Sebastian's back through his heart, he fell to the ground. “ Anna…”  Anna sat on the ground beside him, she put Sebastian's head on her lap, a tear rolled down her face, after all the horrible things he had done, Anna still cried, she cried for the man that she had fell in love with all those years ago. “ I knew that you would be the one to end it, my little rose.”  the life went out-of his eyes, he was dead.  

Anna heard a cough, Mara was on the floor, her blood around her. Anna pulled herself to Mara, she was going to die.  more tries streamed down her face, Anna was going to lose two of the people she cared about.she felt her heart brake “ it's ok Anna... is he dead?” Mara managed to say “ yes.” Mara's eyes wondered “ that's good.” she coughed, more blood spilt from her mouth. “no mara, you can't, you can't die,I won't let you, you'll be OK.” Anna pressed her hands against the wound “ I'll get Jackson he can help you.” she  called for Jackson, screaming his name “ Anna don't he won't make it. I want to see you smile before I go not scream for a devil to save me.” Anna smiled, Mara would always be able to make her smile no matter what. “ there we go, promise me that you'll stay with Jackson.” Mara's grip on Anna's arm was strong and argent. “ I promise.” Mara coughed one last time “ good… bye… Anna.” her eyes closed. Anna held her close, cradling Mara's head “ goodbye Mara.” she cried until Jackson came in and pulled her from Mara's body.

Four months later

Anna had healed from the grief that had came with losing Mara, she would never be the same but  for the first time in a long time she felt free and that all that mattered.