chapter 14

Anna and Sebastian stopped watching their past when Anna felt a pain in her chest and turned away, hiding her pain. “You okay?” Sebastian asked. “Never been better.” Anna spoke softly. She took two steps and collapsed. Sebastian caught her in his arms just like he did in the past.

Mara clung to the wall, “if you want me to trust you, get me out of here” Jackson moved to one of the walls and an opening appeared. “ I'll show you the way to Anna.”

Anna woke in her room, she saw that a needle was in her arm. Anna looked to her left and saw Sebastian was sitting next to her. Anna tried to get up but Sebastian pushed her back to the pillows. “ don't get up.” all that she could do was look at Sebastian. He leaned down towards her and kissed her. Anna tried to push him off her but she couldn't. she wasn't going to let Sebastian use her,  She leaned into the kiss as Sebastian deepened it, anna took the chance and head butted him. Sebastian just laughed “ next time I kiss you you'll do what I want.” the needle in Anna's arm was attached to a drip like the ones in hospitals but the liquid wasn't clear but black and thick. Sebastian turned it on. Anna didn't want it in her system. She tried to take it out but when she moved, Sebastian grabbed her arm. “ I would take it out.this is what will save you.”

“ I don't want saving.” Anna spit at him. When the liquid went into the needle, she was knocked out.

Mara followed Jackson to a corridor “ Anna's in that room.” he pointed to the door closes to them, Mara was going to move to it when Jackson pushed her into a room and closed the door. Seconds later Sebastian walked out.  “ Jackson just the devil I needed.” from the crack in the door Mara could see Sebastian move to Jackson. “ I needed you to make sure Anna doesn't wake up until I see her again.” “ OK, I will put all my attention on it.” at that Sebastian walked off. “ can I come out yet?”

Mara opened the door and walked to the room where Anna was. She stopped. Jackson could have tricked her. “ I wouldn't of tricked you.” Mara didn't think he was lying so she open the door…

Anna was aware of the door opening, she knew Mara walked in. But she couldn't get up.

“Anna,Anna wake up.” Mara turned to Jackson. “What did he do to her.”  black liquid was being injected into Anna's arm. Her hair was black and her skin was cold to the touch. “ I don't know.” Jackson was lying “ don't lie I Know that you do.what's he trying to do?” after a moment of silence, Jackson answered “ Sebastian's trying to make her help him take over hell so he gets more power.” “WHAT” Jackson was going to answer but Mara cut him off “don't, I don't care just help Anna.”

“I can't change what Sebastian's done but I can get her away and to someone that can help.” Jackson moved to Anna. He started to remove the needle when she woke up. “ help.” Anna pleaded, “ Anna it's OK we'll get you out of here.” Anna saw Jackson “you!” horror covered her face “ get away from me!” Anna move away from Jackson. “ he's here to help.” Mara tried calming her it seemed to work. “Mara please run, I can't go with you.”

“ why?” before Anna could answer Jackson saw the pentagram at her wrist “ did Sebastian give this to you?”

“yes”  there was still hatred in her voice.

“ she can't go with us.”

“ I'm not leaving you.”

“ you have to. I have a plan.”

“ what's your plan? Tell me or I'm not moving.” Anna explained the dagger and how she was going to trick Sebastian. “ when he is dead I will come and find you, I promise. Jackson can you get her to safety?”

“yes” Jackson tried to move Mara away.

“if you stay here, god knows what will happen to you.” she had tears in her eyes. Anna got up and wrapped Mara in her arms. “ i have to do this.” Jackson took Mara out of Anna's arms. “ look after her.” then they disappeared and Anna was left in silence.  

Anna didn't know when she had started to cry. She knew that she wouldn't see Mara again.

“ Anna” Mara fell to the floor. Jackson had taken her to a meadow. “ Mara we need to go,Sebastian could track you.” Jackson held out his hand, Mara took it. “ I want to help Anna.” Jackson looked frustrated “ humans” he mumbled under his breath. “ OK, but we don't go to her.”

“ how do we help her then.?”

“ we go to someone who can.” at that he started to walk off. Mara followed.