Seventeen

"What happens now?" I ask as I place my cap on my head

"We become adults" Sirius replies 

"I don't know how. I'm so used to Hogwarts and being a student, it's going to feel strange not returning in September" 

"It will be fine now come on we're going to all be late" 

I notice Remus isn't moving so I stay behind and take his hand into mine "Remus? What's wrong"

"You're right"

"What do you mean?"

"How can we be adults? It isn't like I'm going to be able to get a job is it with being what I am"

"Yes you can. We will figure something out. Come on let's have fun as we're leaving this place soon. Besides we found a nice place to live so lets focus on that and making it our home"

He nods ok and I lean up to kiss him 

"Cute, now come on"

We pull away seeing Lily holding up her camera whilst James and Sirius is smirking at us. 

I roll my eyes at them and we leave going to the great hall.

"Where's Peter?" James asks

"Who cares" I shrug as I enter the Great Hall, I wish they would accept that Peter is a creep and is most likely chashing after some other boy.

The great hall has been dived into 4 sections each section with rows of chars and one banner above it showing which section is for which house. We all take our seat and Dumbledore begins on his speech. After Dumbledore does a speech each head of house will does they own speech and special awards are given out. Somehow James managed to get an award which I think shocked him more than it shocked myself.

"And now the time has come for us to say goodbye Everyone please stand." Dumbledore announces, we all take a stand and the chairs behind us are now gone. "We wil start with Hufflepuff, followed by Ravenclaw, Slytherin and Gryffindor."

The staff members except head of houses all walk to line up from the entrance of the great Hall making their way to the exit of the castle.

We all line up single file and House by house, followed by name by name we are called up by Dumbledore.

"Emily Smith" I step up and walk towards Dumbledore where he gives me my certificate and yearbook.

"Good Luck Emily, Take care of Remus too"

"Don't worry, I will" I smile and hug him

"See you soon Miss Smith"