Chapter 1: Graduation

"YN LN."

I got up and walked behind the chairs. I reached the end of the row only to see the golden boy, Takashi Shirogane, smile at me.

"Congratulations YN."

"Thanks, Shiro."

I smiled back and continued walking down the side aisle. I started shaking the hands of the senior teachers. Mr Iverson, the head teacher of the flight simulator, handed me my graduation certificate. I turn and take a picture with my professor.

"I'm actually very proud of you, YN."

"Thank you, Mr Iverson."

I shake his hand and continue walking into the gym. Soon Shiro joins me in there.

"We graduated."

I nod my head.

"Yeah, shockingly."

He chuckles.

"Iverson said to, I think his words were Tell the golden girl good luck for me."

I gasped.

"I'm the golden girl?"

"Yeah."

He goes to poke my stomach.

"We're the golden students."

"Since when am I, a golden student? I've gotten into so much trouble, I'm surprised I was still allowed to be in this semester."

He rubs the back of his neck, looking for a way to confess his love.

"You're one of the smartest people here, smarter than most of the guys. Iverson said that we both got 98s on the simulator, he made me compete against you. It was annoying. I didn't want to be rivals, I wanted to be friends. But he couldn't see that. That's why I was super glad when Mr Holt took us in for the night classes."

I did something that I thought I'd never do. I hugged Shiro. And just as it couldn't get better, he hugged me back.

"I've had a crush on you for a while now YN."

I pulled out of the hug and laid a gentle kiss on Shiro's lips. He just blushed to the color of my dress.

"I've liked you too Shiro."

I suddenly realize what happens in less than 24 hours. I leave to go to space.

"Why the long face?"

I looked back at Shiro.

"I lauch tomorrow. To go to Titan."

His eyes widened.

"Saturn?!"

I nod my head. I sigh as he pulls me into a hug.

"I don't want you to go."

I hug him back, tears forming in my eyes.

"I have to go though."

He tightens his grip, not wanting to let go of the feeling.

"When will you be back?"

"In 18 months. The Garrison has some seriously fast transportation. Instead of almost 7 years just getting there, it'll be almost 1 year."

He releases me and starts wiping my tears away.

"It'll be okay. I'll be here when you get back. Okay?"

I nod my head.

I feel like I'm trying to tell him that it'll all be alright after the mission, but in reality, I was telling myself that. I didn't know how I felt. Shiro just confessed his feelings for me and now I were leaving for a year and a half. I've liked him ever since I've seen his first performance in the simulator. I've admired his work and courage when facing Iverson, something that a lot of students don't have. It was crazy how much of a leader he was.

I hoped for a future with him after the Titan mission. Hoped to be his girlfriend, maybe possibly his wife one day. Hell, he probably hopes that too. We both hoped for an amazing life ahead.