Chapter 3: Escape Plans

*5 YEARS LATER*

"Experiment Kodak is fighting Champion today." 

"Yes, Haggar.. Very exciting day. We shall see who is the superior human."

Superior human? There's another human here?! 

I was strapped down to the table. 

"Inject her. Inject her with the Galran venom." 

Sendak put a hand on Haggar's shoulder.

"Chill man. Just chill." 

"I don't know who to side with?" The witch cackled.

A druid injected me with some sort of venom. My vision got blurry as they unstrapped me from the table. It started to come back as they bring me to my cell, just to realize that it's not mine and that there's another being hiding in the corner. I grabbed onto the bars and watched the druids walk away, hoping that I would be find and not some freaky Galra mutant now.

"YN?" 

I whip around, only to be faced to see my lover, Shiro, with a little bit of white in his hair and a cut across the bridge of his nose from what appears to be a few days old.

"Shiro?"

He gives a smile. A small one, but it's still there.

"Thought you'd forgotten who I was." 

He got up, hand not leaving his side. I rushed over to him and help him on the cot. 

"Shiro, I would never, ever forget you."

He smiled, more gentler than I've ever seen before.

"We're..." he stretched his back, groaning in pain.
"We're going to get out of here. I'll make sure of it. Even if it's the last thing I do."

My eyes go wide with shock.

"But Shiro, i-its impossible. I've tried so 5 times. And each time I got send back to Haggar."

He looked at me, determination in his eyes. Shiro looked down at my left arm.

"When did you get this? Who gave you this?"

I looked down as he stood up, making noises. I sense his pain and helped him on the cot.

"Shiro, you in too much pain to even stand."

Two Galra soldiers walked by, talking about the big fight that day.

"Experiment Kodak is staying with Champion right now?"

"You're so stupid, you put it in the wrong cell."

"I have issues."

I stood up, walking over to the cell bars.

"What have you done to Shiro?"

"Oh, Champion? I didn't do anything to him but Myzak did today."

The two soldiers started laughing. I punched the bars over and over, and my knuckles started bleeding. I felt a hand on your lower back, and I look to see Shiro.

"Get ready for the fight today, Champion."

Shiro nodded his head.

"You too, Experiment Kodak."

I gave a small nod and the soldiers walked away.

"Experiment Kodak?"

I helped him back to the cot.

"We're fighting each other today. Shiro do you know what that's means?"

He looked over to me, tears starting to well in my eyes.

"One of us have to die."

My voice started to break as I said that. Shiro moved left hand, the one that was covering his wound. He pulled me into a hug.

"Listen to me, YN. We are going to escape. I will not let your die on me. We are going to be safe and we are going to be free. Do you understand?"

I nodded my head, wondering if that was even true. A guard came to the cell door, opening it.

"Time to fight."

We both stood up as they handcuffed both of us. They led us down a hallway to a wall and we parted our ways.

=======11 Months Later=======

The guards literally threw me into my cell. Which is also Shiro's cell. We now share a cell, in Zarkon's hope of training each other.

I've barely see Shiro anymore. He's always fighting during the little time of 'freedom' that I have. I've always being experimented on when he has 'freedom'.

But now, we both were together since the was only one fight for the rest of today.

Shiro held me in his lap, as I was trembling from the fight I just came out of. I hated fighting the innocent aliens who have been captured. They did nothing to deserve it. His arms wrapped around my tiny frame as I tried to hold back the tears.

"We're escaping today."

I looked up at him, with a smile on my face. He smiled back at me. It was odd, since I haven't seen him smile in what feels like forever.

"How do we do that?"

He gave a smirk, and I knew that it included to hack into some system, knock out a few guards and possibly steal a mini Galran space shuttle.

"Let's do it."