Chapter 18: Hold You Down

WARNING: SUICIDE, CURSING, DRUNK-NESS

============================

Coran, Allura and Thace were in the training room with me helping me use my Mendellian powers.

"Okay, take simple breaths in and out."

I steadied my breathing. Everyone else was doing bonding exercises with their lions, while I was working on my powers.

In, out. In, out. In, out.

"Now take that serenity and imagine creating a forcefield," Allura said in a nice, peaceful voice.

I kept on doing what she told me to do. The paladins entered the training deck and kept quiet. 

"What's she doing?" Lance asked. 

"Concentrating. Working with her powers," Thace said. I internally rolled my eyes and continued with Allura and Coran's commands. 

"Create an energy wave with it now," Coran said. 

I took a deep breath and continued working. 

"What now?" I asked, slowly opening my eyes.

"That's it. At least, for now. Probably in a day or two we'll see what you can do again. So feel free to do anything," Allura said with a proud smile.

I stood up and saw Thace in the corner motioning me to come over. So I did, I mean he is my dad and I do have to obey him. He grabbed my wrist and brought us through the castle. 

"What's your issue?" I asked. 

"Shiro," he said forcefully.

"What?" I asked while we neared the dorms.

"How can you even trust him? Just look at the previous black paladin!" Thace said while releasing my wrist in his room.

"How can I trust him?! I've known him for 10 years and I don't know, he kept all of his promises!" I retorted while facing him.

Thace furrowed his brows. "You just can't trust him. Humans have done terrible things."

My mouth dropped down in shock. "You must've trusted my mom then! Trusted her enough to have sex. Twice!"

He looked away. "Well," he said while directing his gaze at me again. "What has he done to benefit you?!"

"Oh ya know, kept me sane within the year we were stuck in the prison! He was my anchor, and I'm not abandoning him now," I said while crossing my arms.

"What have you done for him?" He shouts back.

"What have I done?" I shouted back. "I helped him raise his grades when he was failing classes because he was with the wrong gang. I drove him home when he was drunk. I stopped him from killing himself! And for what, for me not to be there in his toughest times? You best believe that I'm gonna march my ass to him. I am going to help my boyfriend and there's nothing you can do about it," I stated firmly.

I walked out of Thace's room as he said something quietly, something I couldn't make out. I thought back to that dreaded day.

"YN?! Have you seen Shiro lately? He's not home and he didn't leave a note..." Lila, Shiro's younger sister said.

"No, I haven't seen him. Why, what's going on?" I asked.

Talyn, Shiro's older sister chimed in. "He's been depressed recently because he remembered why our parents were fighting that initially caused them to die. It's been about a month that he's been like this."