Chapter 8: Hearts On Fire

"Ah, good morning paladins. We have a very busy day ahead of us." 

The alarms started to go off, but it wasn't the normal ones. Shiro's cybernetic hand was starting to glow purple as the other paladin's got their bayards out. Shiro still had his fingers intertwined with mine. I raised my left hand, my cybernetic hand, and it started glowing black. I looked at it with confusion in my eyes as to when and why that could happen. Shiro must've noticed my arm as his stopped glowing purple. 

"What the?" Everyone still had their weapons out, but they got out of battle stance. 

Coran came into the dining hall. 

"No need to panic. That was just the weather alarm. The star that we're near is giving off a solar flare and the alarm picked it up. Don't worry though, it's a few hundred million miles away." 

Me and Shiro both glanced looks at each other as everyone put their weapons away. I arched my eyebrows as he rolled his eyes. 

"Race ya there?" 

"You're so on golden girl." 

We both gave each other smirks before running out of the dining hall to the viewing deck. 

*PIDGE'S POV*

"Race ya there?" 

"You're so on golden girl." 

I saw them race out of the dining hall to somewhere else. 

Probably the viewing deck.

"What just happened?" 

I just smiled. 

"Pidge." Hunk walked over to me. "Pidge is there something you're not telling us?" 

I just nodded. 

"Well, what is it paladin? Spit it out." Lance said behind me. 

Keith came next to me on my right side as I heard Allura and Coran leave. 

"I think YN knows who has her matching tattoo." 

I saw Keith smirk out of the corner of my eye. 

"It's good to see Shiro not being so uptight and serious." 

Lance laughed. 

"It's always good to see that. But the way he looked at YN."

I had a huge grin on my face. 

"It's good to see him messing around with YN like old times. When I was old enough to be in their lab back when my dad had them as night students, around 5 I think I was, they would always race around the track by the Garrison to relieve some stress and to take a break. I always stayed inside with Matt, and I just admired their love. It was truly beautiful. Even now it's nice to know that some things haven't changed even though they're not on Earth."

I felt everyone smile at the door the two ran out of. 

"I can feel it." 

Lance and Hunk gave me weird looks. 

"Feel what?" 

Keith put his hand on my shoulder. 

"Their hearts on fire."

I walked towards the control room and everyone followed. I got there just in time to see the princess and Coran watching the live security footage of the viewing deck.

*NORMAL POV*

Shiro and I ran through the doors of the viewing deck. We both panted for the fact that we just ran all the way across the castle.