Chapter 2: We Come In Peace

"Rivers and roads. Rivers and roads. Rivers till I reach you~" 

I woke up to the sound of my alarm going off, the mini cover Amy Cimorelli did of River and Roads. 

Today's the day. 

I got out of bed and got ready. 

============================

"Good luck YN." 

"Thank you, Matt." 

"Congratulations again." 

"Thank you, Sean." 

Finally, I ran into Shiro. 

"Be safe YN. Please." 

I grabbed his hand as I started walking again. 

"Of course." 

He could sense the fear in my voice. 

"Do you even want to do this?" 

I turned to face him. 

"I don't have a choice. We can only risk one person dying in space. Whether it's Austin, Erik or Justin. Austin's the fighter pilot, Erik's the cargo pilot and Justin's the engineer. I'm all three." 

We both started up again. 

"Why are you even going if everyone's covered?" 

"Because I'm backup." 

He stopped walking. 

"Shiro, cmon. If we don't keep on walking I won't make it to the lab on time and then I can't suit up in time and I can't do the cool walk to the rocket with my crew mates." 

He kept on walking, but he didn't let go of my hand. 

"What if I take your place?" 

I sigh. 

"Shiro you don't have enough experience. I had to go to day and night classes for six years to get where I am today." 

He let go of my hand as I approached the lab. I got my badge off my neck and scanned it. 

"Please be careful. I don't want to loose you." 

He kissed my forehead as the door opens. 

"Get a room, guys." 

"What Justin said."

"Okay, don't mean to interrupt, but YN if you stand there for 27 seconds longer, we're going without you." 

I gave Shiro one last hug as Austin pulled me into the lab. I suited up and grabbed my helmet. 

"Ready boys?" 

They all nodded. 

We all started walking out to the rocket as the crowds cheered. Austin and Erik looked forward as me and Justin looked in the crowd. I saw Shiro, Mr Iverson, Mr Holt, his wife Colleen, his son Matt and his daughter Katie. I waved at them all as I stepped onto the platform to lift us up. As it was bringing me higher and higher, I tried to not look down. But it happened anyway. I looked straight ahead once I saw the ground below me. 

"I'm actually really nervous guys." 

Erik scoffed. 

"Austin, our head pilot, is scared to go on this mission. Dude, even YN is braver than you." 

Him and Justin just laughed.

"Actually," they all turned heads, shocked to hear me speak something other than a question.

"I'm really scared to go on this mission too. We'll be leaving our friends and family for at least a year and a half, maybe more if anything happens. I just, don't want to world to think we died out there." 

Justin and Erik were full on laughing while me and Austin were trying to comfort each other. Sooner or later we launched into space. 

=10 Months Later (Shiro's POV)=

"The crew members of the Titan mission are appeared to be dead due to engineering issues." 

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The news showed pictures of Austin, Erik, Justin, and YN. All in their Galaxy Garrison uniforms from the year before. 

"This can't be happening." 

Mr Holt walked over to me. 

"I'm so sorry this happened to you, Shiro. But we have to be strong." 

He patted my shoulder as I turned off the tv. 

I can't believe that she's gone. 

I continued walking back to Matt with Mr Holt until I stopped dead in your tracks. 

"I refuse to think she's dead. Justin is an amazing engineer, it wouldn't have had a system overide or anything." 

I raced over to my computer, and started typing in codes and stuff until I reached the Garrison files. I continued looking until the computer went out. 

"What?" I mumbled.

Matt was standing there with a plug. The plug to my computer. 

"We can't risk anything with this mission. We are being given 3-4 years to prepare, Shiro." 

I sighed, realizing he's right. But I won't give up.

YOUR POV 

"We come in peace. I swear we are not here to hurt you." 

This purple guy just laughed. 

"Then why are your friends making death threats and glaring my workers in the eyes?" 

I rolled my eyes, realizing that Justin, Austin, and Erik are all stupid Garrison students who don't know when to quit it.

"I come in peace. Them, not so sure about." 

The thing came closer to me, now centimeters away from my face. 

"Why don't I just spare you your life if you work for me, and I'll have my partners in crime deal with your crew mates?"

"Kill my friends? No. Y-You can't." 

He turned towards them and chopped all their heads off in one clean swipe.

"NO!" I shouted, my eyes starting to water.

"Work for me, or else you'll have the same fate." 

He was looking me in the eyes, but I turned away.

"Fine. But you must answer me this? Who are you, what is this race, and who are your partners in crime?" I said, trying to hold but the tears.

"This is the Galra Empire. My partners are Haggar and Sendak. I am Zarkon and you are now under my rule unless you want to die." 

I sighed but looked him in the eye.

 "Fine Zarkon. I'll work for you." 

He smiled. 

"Good. You shall be my little experiment. And we need a name for you. How about Experiment Kodak? It has a nice ring to it."

He turned around as someone unchained my wrists.