Chapter 10: Defeat

"Allura, what's going on?"

She turned back at me and grabbed my wrist.

"The Galra are attacking."

She brought me into this room with a suit of armor like the others, only my color being purple.

"Could you please help us fight whatever is in the castle?"

I nodded my head and tied my hair into a braid and then slipped on the helmet.

"You can communicate to me, Coran, and the paladins. Good luck, and be safe out there."

I turned on my mic.

Okay, knock out a few guard. That's all. It'll be fine YN. You got this.

I felt the castle shake.

"How are you holding up with the partical barrier, princess?"

"Good, I'm trying my hardest to keep it up, this is one of our toughest battles with them."

"We're trying our hardest, Allura. We have most of the fleet ships down." I heard Shiro talking to Allura through the mics.

Gosh, he still sounds amazing as a leader.

I got pushed down to the ground by a soldier.

Gladiator skills, don't fail me now.

I jumped up back onto steady feet. I started throwing punches left and right and kicked a few soldiers until I felt a shock run through my body from my neck.

"Gahhh!"

I fell down in pain as I heard the paladins worry about me.

"YN, what happened?"

Keith.

"YN, where are you?"

Lance.

"I'm gettting you YN."

Pidge.

"Hang tight, you'll be okay YN."

Hunk.

"I will not let you die on me, YN. I just got you back, I'm not letting you get taken away again."

Shiro.

The world went black as I heard the paladins, but only four of them.

"Stay with us YN."

"Say something!"

"Please don't be dead."

"YN, we'll be there soon."

*SHIRO'S POV*

"I will not let you die on me, YN. I just got you back, I'm not letting you get taken away again."

My eyes were watering as the other paladins were trying to connect with YN.

The tears started to fall. I couldn't help myself.

With society's standards and being the leader of Voltron, I learned not to cry. Today was different though. I just let them pour.

I can't believe I lost the love of my life.

*PIDGE'S POV*

I tried communicating with YN but she wasn't responding.

"YN. YN!"

It was useless, but I still continued.

"We have to get to her!"

*KEITH'S POV*