Chapter 17: Reassurance

I heard Shiro's alarm clock go off as the bed shifted with weight.

"Morning babe," Shiro said with a smile.

"Morning," I started. "Ready for the day?"

He nodded and started getting out of bed. I join him in the bathroom as we both brushed our teeth.

Shiro was already putting on his armor to start his workout as I just plopped onto the bed.

"Hey Shiro," I started.

"Hmm?"

"About me being galran. You seem very neutral about it. I-I don't know what to get from it," I said.

"Well we do need to defeat the Galra, that's for sure. But just like Keith, I'm very accepting. It's apart of you and you can't change it, no matter how hard you try. You just have to live with it and live life how you normally would've. You being part Galra will never change how I feel about you. I will always love you YN."

I laid back and smiled. That just put all my worries to rest.

"Thank you. I needed that reassurance." I sat back up and started getting my armor ready. "I love you too, Shi," I finished with a smile.

He got up and brought me into a warm hug. Oh how I missed those hugs.

"Get ready, okay? I'll be on the training deck," Shiro said to which I just nodded.

Man did I score a good one.

I was already stripping off my PJs as soon as the door closed and I started putting on my black skin-tight shirt and pants. I grabbed the leg pieces of my armor and started putting them on, only to be joined by my thoughts.

Oh yeah, Thace is aboard the castle. That's great. My own father on ship, knowing all my teammates now. And my lover.

I shook my head as I finished putting on my chestplate. I headed out to the training deck to meet Shiro who is already working out.

"I still don't understand how you can manage to wake up at six and workout for an hour before eating the space goo, and then mainly working out for the rest of the day," I said while sitting down in front of him.

"Well," he started, still doing his sit-ups. "I don't exactly know how I do it either. The working out part, waking up at six is a thing I've been doing since the Garrison." I nodded and readjusted the way I was sitting, to be more comfortable.

"That's true. My classes didn't start till 9:30 so I woke up at 8:30."

He sat up and met eye to eye with me and smiled.

"You're beautiful, YN," Shiro said, catching me off guard.

"T-Thanks," I stuttered, probably looking like a complete idiot.

He smiled at me and continued to train.

I enjoy the mornings. Despite the fact that I wake up at six every morning, the castle is deserted and quiet. It allows me time to think, with the presence of Shiro. He knows when and how to get me out of my thoughts, and he will. He's not afraid to, because he's traveled there many of times in the past. Especially during the Galra imprisonment. We've helped each other with that, actually.

"So what's the plan of action today?" I asked, while stretching.

"Most likely training. Because of yesterday we've found out a lot more about you. Having the same ability as Keith with being able to harvest fire from within, and being mendellian. Coran said that they were healers but also elementalists. So, we're going to check that out today," Shiro stated.