Chapter 7: Freckles and Constellations

"You are going to hurt the one who you love the most. And you won't even realize it. Come back to the Galra empire; you won't have to face any of that."

"I, am not going back. No matter how hard I try. These people will defeat you, and Haggar, and Zarkon! They'll take down the Galran empire!"

I shouted as he laughed crazily.

"You fool! You really think that you could get through any of this internal conflict? You tattoo forming, hoping it'll be Shiro who's your soulmate. But dreams don't come true Experiment Kodak."

I whipped my head around.

"You don't know what you're talking about, Sendak."

That name felt bitter on my tongue.

"You've been broken and reformed. Just look at your hand."

"That's not me!"

"You'll never beat Zarkon. He's already defeated you."

"I'm not listening to you!"

"Do you really think a monster like you could be a Voltron Paladin?!"

Sendak was basically shouting now, instead of talking. So what did I do? I fought fire with fire and shouted back at him.

"Stop it!"

I shot out of bed in a sweat. I threw my side of the blanket on Shiro, waking him immediately. He noticed I was out of bed, pacing the room, and he grabbed my shoulder.

"YN, what's wrong?"

I kept pacing the room. I was too traumatized to speak. I didn't know what to believe. I didn't know if what Sendak said was true or not.

If dreams don't come true and that Zarkon's defeated me.

I swallowed the lump in my throat and ran into Shiro's arms, a few tears spilling out of my now clouded, grey eyes.

"S-Sendak took over my dream, t-turning it into a nightmare."

He hugged me tighter.

"I don't know what to do about it S-Shiro. It's been happening a l-lot now."

Shiro brought me to the bed. He pulled me away and pushed the hair out of my face. He started wiping the tears away.

"What did he say?"

I inhaled, trying to remember what he said.

"He said 'You've been broken and reformed. Just look at your hand. You'll never beat Zarkon. He's already defeated you.' And 'Do you really think a monster like you could be a Voltron Paladin?'"

He looked at me with his grey eyes.

"Anything else?"

I nodded, trying to calm down your breathing.

"He said that I'm going to hurt the one who I love the most and that I won't even realize it. He also said something about my tattoo."

His eyes widen.

"What he say about that?"

I looked away, hoping that Shiro couldn't notice my blushing.

"I-I'd rather not say."

I got up and went to the bathroom, only to have Shiro leaning up against the door frame, not looking at my tattoo. He wanted to be surprised, like everyone else.