Chapter 6: Tattoo Formation

"Please flex your back, YN." 

I did as I was told, following all of Pidge's commandments. I was in a sports bra and some boxers.

"Turn around." 

I did so, only to have some golden space goo smeared on my forehead by Coran. 

"What the heck?" 

I went to go wipe it off, only to be yelled at by Coran and Pidge. Shiro just sat there silently. 

"It's a special goo that will absorb into your skin and it will leave a mark on your skin-" 

"Like a tattoo." 

"Yes, like Pidge said, a tattoo. Someone else in the universe will have the same tattoo if they have been marked with this goo. They are your soulmate." 

My eyes trailed from Pidge, to Coran, to Shiro. 

"So this is a soulmate goo?"

They all nodded.  

"We all got marked as soon as Allura found out about it." 

I just nodded. 

"Go wash up. Just don't wash your forehead."

"Gee, thanks." 

I followed Pidge as she drew me a shower. 

"You'll be fine, right?" 

I nodded my head as I stripped myself of clothing while the water heated up. 

"So this tattoo thing...? Will it be permanent?" 

Pidge just shook their shoulders. 

"No clue. We're giving yours one week to appear because that's how long ours came to appear. Then we all show the others." 

I nodded my head and I stepped into the shower as Pidge turned on the AC fan to prevent the mirrors from fogging up.

The water on my skin felt nice as I scrubbed the dirt and grime off my body.

============================

I turned off the water and slid the shower curtain over to one side. I grabbed the green towel that was folded on the counter. I started to dry myself as I stepped out of the shower. 

I noticed in the mirror that there was a little bit of black about halfway down on the left side of my back, and realized that my soulmate tattoo was forming. 

Pidge walked in the bathroom, smiling but I covered up my tattoo in time. 

"I think you need a haircut. Just to get the dead ends off." 

I smiled. 

"I'd like that. But can I have some clothes first?" 

She nodded and got me some space PJs.

"Sorry that they're space. It's kinda my thing."

I put my hand up in defense as Shiro walked in. 

"Although I was in space for six years, I still love it. All the comets, asteroids, meteors, galaxies, stars, and constellations are so mesmerizing." 

"That's the attitude, YN," he said.

I pushed Pidge out of the bathroom, changed, and opened the door again. Pidge had scissors in her hands. 

"Haircut time." 

Both Shiro and Pidge entered the bathroom. Pidge started cutting my hair as I just thought of my newly forming tattoo.