chapter five

Violet was finished with her dinner, and left the house. She realized she had forgotten her book outside and quickly brought it in before leaving again.

Violet walked down the stone pathway, and down her driveway. She walked to Grayson's house, and went up to the front door.

A moment after Violet rang the doorbell, the front door swung open. Standing in the doorway was a boy who looked similar to Grayson, but had darker hair that was messy atop his head. He had on a black sweater, with grey sweatpants.

"You must be Violet." The boy smiled.

"That's me." Violet awkwardly smiled back.

"Come on in, Grayson's just upstairs." The boy stepped out of the doorway, allowing Violet to walk in. The boy then ran upstairs, and came back down a minute later with Grayson, who had on baggy black shorts and a white tshirt.

"Violet! What're you doing here?" Grayson asked.

"I said we'd go for a walk." Violet replied.

"Right! Okay, just give me a minute to get changed." Grayson said as he ran back up the stairs.

The room was silent as Grayson's brother opened up the fridge. "You want anything?" He asked.

"No, I'm okay." Violet replied.

"I'm Ethan, by the way." The boy said, glancing over at the girl in his kitchen.

"I'm Violet." She replied. "But you already knew that." Violet muttered, mainly to herself. Ethan chuckled as he shut the fridge door, and cracked open a can of soda.

     "You can sit if you want." Ethan pointed out, gesturing over to the kitchen table. Just then, thundering footsteps ran down the stairs. "Or not." Violet heard Ethan mumble as Grayson came into the kitchen.

     "Are you ready to go?" Violet asked, trying to ease the tension that had fallen between her and Ethan.

     "Yeah. Ethan, I'll see you later." Grayson walked to the front door, and put his shoes on. Violet stood behind him as he opened the door.

     "Bye Ethan. It was nice meeting you." Violet said once Grayson was out on the porch.

     "See ya." The boy replied as he took a sip of his drink. He hadn't even glanced over at Violet as she left the house, and shut the front door behind her.

 He hadn't even glanced over at Violet as she left the house, and shut the front door behind her