epilogue

Violet slung her black backpack over her shoulder as she left her house. She walked down the street, to the closest bus station. after checking the schedule and purchasing a ticket with some dollar bills she had in her wallet, Violet got onto the right bus.

     The quiet part of Los Angeles flew by, and the bus entered the busy city. Violet stared out the window, her headphones shoved into her ears. She began to feel incredibly anxious, as she has never been alone in such a large city before.

     The bus came to a stop, and Violet got off. She pulled her phone out of the back pocket of her jean shorts, and checked Grayson's address. The one thing Violet didn't get from him was his phone number, mainly because the topic never came up. Grayson had sent Violet a letter though, and that's how she knew his address.

     Violet looked up the street name on her phone, and started following her GPS. Volet walked past many different stores, like a Nike outlet, and a Brandy Melville. It seemed that every building was covered in either big windows, or street art. Violet admired some of the pieces as she walked along, noticing just how creative humans can be.

     Eventually, Violet came to a large apartment building, and went inside. Grayson's letter was in her backpack, which she pulled out. She read the floor and room number, and took the elevator up. With a soft ding, the elevator doors opened, and Violet walked out. She walked down the hall to the right room number, and stopped outside the door. She knew she had the right room because she could hear Ethan's all too familiar music on the other side.

     Nervously, Violet raised her knuckles up to the black door. She knocked three times, and took a step back. After a few seconds of Violet trying to calm herself down and no one coming to the door, it finally swung open. Standing in the door frame was Violet's best friend, Ethan. He looked different than the last time she saw him, a month ago when he moved out of the house next door. Now, he had longer hair, and a stubble of facial hair along his chin and jawline.

     "Violet! Grayson, Violet's here!" Ethan exclaimed, a large grin on his face. The music got turned down, and soon, Grayson was standing in the doorway. He looked about the same. He had the same dark brown hair, and the same wide smile.

     "You kept your promise." Grayson said softly.

     Violet nodded. "Did you really think I'd break it?" She asked. The boys moved out of the way, allowing Violet to walk into their apartment room. Grayson kicked his foot out, and the front door slammed shut. Viet was met with the darkness of Ethan and Grayson's soft t-shirts as they engulfed her in a hug, and it was definitely better than any darkness that occurred when the sun went down, or the lights go out.

The End

____________

Well, that's it. I really hope you all enjoyed this story. I loved writing it soo much. Thank you for all the love and support on this book, I really really appreciate it.

Until next time,
Ericka <3

Until next time,Ericka <3