chapter four

Later that evening, the sun was just going down. The sky was a soft orange, mixed with blue and pink. Violet was out on her porch, a book in her hand. The slight breeze pulled at the papers, turning up the corners.

Violet's reading was interrupted by someone clearing their throat. The young girl glanced up to see Grayson standing on her porch steps, a small grin on his face.

     "Hello." He said, coming up onto the porch. He leaned against the railing, his hands gripping the edge.

     Violet chuckled lightly. "Hello, Grayson." She folded a corner of her page down, before shutting her book.

     "O was wondering if maybe you'd go for a walk with me?" Grayson asked. Just as Violet was about to answer, her front door swung open.

     Violet's younger brother poked his head out from the door. He looked alot like Violet, with the same blonde hair and soft brown eyes. He looked to be about eleven or twelve.

     "Mom says dinner's ready." The boy said. He looked over at Grayson, who smiled softly. The younger boy didn't say anything else before going back inside, and shutting the door behind him.

"That was Theodore, the young Waters child." Violet smiled.

"Your last name is Waters?" Grayson asked.

Violet looked up at the boy. "Yes. My full name is Violet Waters."

"That's actually really cool." Grayson mumbled. "Anyways, I'll let you go eat." He said in a normal tone so that Violet could hear him.

"Thanks." Violet said as she stood up. Grayson turned to go down the steps, but Violet stopped him. "We can go for a walk later if you want." She said.

"I look forward to it." He said before leaving the house. Violet smiled as she went inside, and shut her front door behind her.

 Violet smiled as she went inside, and shut her front door behind her