Falling Slowly

Chapter Five

Every day since my lunch date with Dr. Hudson, I have been receiving something from Matt. The only good thing was he wasn’t bothering me while I was at work. I was just getting his gifts, and I knew it was bothering Dr. Hudson. He always wanted to know who they were from, but it wasn’t any of his business.

I still didn’t know how to feel about all this, Matt has been the only other guy since Dylan to make me feel anything. That’s what scared me, the more I felt something for him, the more I felt I was forgetting Dylan. That was something that scared me, I didn’t want to forget about the first guy to ever love me.

Flashback

He was here again, it was already the fourth time this week. I was starting to believe I had a stalker, there was no way one person could love ice cream this much. “Hello, what can I get you today?” I said to Mr. Stalker. Even though I know what he was going to get, he has gotten the same thing every time.

“Um I will take French vanilla,” I knew it and I know he is going to want it in a cup.

“You know you can always mix in other things with your ice cream? We have a lot fruits, syrups, nuts and candy, there’s something for everyone.”

“I know but I like vanilla,” he replied and smiled.

“Vanilla can be so boring,” he chuckled. “How about this, let me make you a special creation and you don’t like it, it’s on me?”

 “Ok deal,” I smiled as I got two scoops of coffee ice cream and put it on the marble slab. “What kind of ice cream is that?”

“Coffee,” he scrunched up his nose. “Hey trust me it’s going to be good,” I added in roasted almonds, chopped up chocolate covered toffee, and caramel. I mixed everything together as he watched me. “So do you want it in a waffle bowl, cone or cup?”

“However you like yours,” so he caught on that I was making my favorite for him. I grabbed a waffle bowl and scooped the ice cream into it. I grabbed a spoon and some napkins to hand to him.

“Here you go, enjoy.” He took the ice cream from me and to a big spoonful, I watch as he ate the spoonful. He moved the ice cream around in his mouth, “So how is it?” I asked as he his waffle bowl down on the counter.

“You know I was ready to hate it, just so I have a reason to make a change in our deal. However this is really good and am not much of a coffee lover.”

“Told you it was going to be good, so what was going to be this change?”

“I was going to say if I didn’t like it, you would have to go out on a date with me.”

“What makes you so sure I would have even agreed?”

“I wasn’t sure, but I was hoping you would.” He said nervously, I smiled at him. It was cute that he was getting so nervous about it.

“How can I possibly agree to a date with someone whose name I don’t know?” he smiled and stuck out his hand for me to shake.

“It’s Dylan, and nice to finally introduce myself to you, Raul.” He chuckled, “I was starting to feel like a stalker come here so much. I don’t even like ice cream that much.” I chuckled, “So Raul would you go out with me tomorrow night if you’re off of course.”