Must be Love

Chapter Ten

Two weeks, that’s how long I have been seeing Matt and it’s been great. I forgot how it was to go out and have fun or even how it felt to feel alive again. Today had been such a busy day, and I was ready to leave. Even though I wasn’t going home to rest, I was looking forward to my date with Matt.

“So what special evening does Matt have planned for you?” Carrie asked as she did her work.

“Babysitting,” I said as I finished the last of my paperwork.

“What kind of date is that?” she demanded.

“Well it’s just that he did have something planned but, he decided to let his nephew and his husband have a night free of the kids. He thought it was time they got a break from the kids.”

“Aw that’s sweet of him, so how old are the kids?”

“They have baby and she’s nine months, then they adopted two kids, a boy and girl. I don’t know their ages, because just recently they were adopted, so this is going to be the first time I meet them. They are a brother and sister who were taken away from their abusive home.”

“Aw poor kids, but I’m sure they are being given the love they deserve now.” I nodded my head, “So you have seen the baby then?”

“Yes and she is adorable, her name is Maddie. She is very lovable, I’m starting to believe that was his plan to get me to finally say yes to a date.” She chuckled, “But am glad I said yes. He is really fun to be around with, it’s never a dull moment with him.”

“Sounds like he might be Mr. Right.”

“He does, but there is just one thing I don’t know about him.”

“And what is that?”

“I don’t know what he does for a living, it just makes me think it’s something bad. I mean why else wouldn’t he tell me.”

“Well did he say why he won’t tell you?”

“Just that he wanted me to know him first, before I found out what he does. It just makes it hard because I’m falling for him and what if what he does turns out to be bad. You know I just don’t want to get hurt.”

“I know Raul,” she squeezed my shoulder. “But maybe it’s not even bad, I kind of understand him. He really likes you and he seems to think you find out what he is doing, is going to change how you feel about him.”

“I really like him and he telling me what he does isn’t going to change how I feel about him.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes am sure about it.”

“Okay,” she looked at the clock. “Well you better get going before Matt thinks you stood him up.” I nodded my head and put away my paperwork.