Safe in His Arms

Chapter Twelve

I had to be crazy, I can’t believe I was going to let Matt teach me how to swim. It’s not that I didn’t trust him, it’s just the whole thought of being submerged in water scared me. It had been years since I had even been in the water, after my father tried showing me by just tossing me into the water. He didn’t think I was going to panic and in return I almost drowned if it wasn’t for my uncle jumping in and saving me.

I must really love him if I was willing to go through this. Another thing that scared me was that, I have been seeing Matt for a while now and a part of me wanted to take the next step in our relationship. I was scared because it’s been so long since I have been with another man or even felt this way.

            I don’t even know why I was thinking about that, it wasn’t even something we had talked about. Nor had he ever brought it up and that’s what I loved. It wasn’t just about sex with him, he really wanted a relationship and that’s what I wanted too.

             I drove up to the address he gave me, he told me he has been staying with his brother until he figures out a living situation. I was nervous to meet the rest of his brothers family, it made curious to how they were.

            I was about to knock when the door opened, I was greeted by Matt. “Have you been waiting for me?” I asked. He was dressed in a charcoal gray and orange broad shorts, he had on a bright orange shirt.

            “You could say that, I have been wait here since my brother and his family left.”

            “Your brother isn’t here?” I asked.

            “Nope, they went to Seattle to see their daughter for the weekend. So we have the whole house to ourselves, plus I didn’t think you would want other people watching while I gave you a swimming lesson.”

            “It’s like you read my mind,” I chuckled. “I really don’t want to embarrass myself in front of people I don’t really know.”

            “Yes and knowing my brother, he would have been a total ass. Probably would have told you that I am the worse teacher you could have. The funny thing is I learned before him, he kept complaining when our grandfather would toss us into the water.” Matt chuckled, “That’s also why I was his favorite.”

            “Oh my god, your grandfather was one of those people!” Okay now I was getting a little nervous about this, how was he going to teach me if he learned that way?

            “Yes, but like I said don’t worry, I won’t teach you that way. I promise I will take my time and show you how to swim without having to throw you in the water.” I let out a sigh of relief.

            “Okay that’s good to hear, so where do I change or were we going to do something else first?”

            “Well what else do you want to do, are you hungry? I could make us something to eat before we start.”