Letting Go

Chapter Six

It had been a week since I told Matt to leave, and it sadden me. I had hoped he would have come back, but he hadn’t. I only had myself to blame for that, I shouldn’t have told him to leave. I shouldn’t have let Dr. Hudson get in our business, he had no right to do that, but at the same time I didn’t tell him anything.

Now I was just having a boring week with nothing to make me laugh or smile. The only good thing about today was that Dr. Hudson wasn’t here and didn’t have to worry about him.

I haven’t been able to do much today, I had spent a good part of the morning daydreaming. That just wasn’t me, I hadn’t done that since Dylan died and it scared me. It just made me realize even more that I liked Matt.

“So I see you finally figured out how to get rid of that guy Matt.” Carrie said.

“I guess so,” I continued to stare at the screen waiting for the motivation to work to come back.

“You don’t seem too happy about that.” I shrugged my shoulders, “Almost seems like you miss this unwanted attention.” She said.

“I don’t know maybe,” I was frustrated and it was clear I wasn’t going to get any work done.

“It sounds like you might actually like him, which is amazing considering you don’t let any guys get to you. So this Matt guy is pretty special then and you should give him a chance, what’s the worse that could happen with one date?”

She was right, the worse that could happen is for me to like him even more. Maybe I should give him a chance, “Well if he does come back and ask me out. I will think about saying yes.” She groaned.

“Ugh just say yes, one date isn’t going to kill you. Take a chance man, you never know, he could be the one that makes you happy.” I smiled sadly, if only she knew I had the one that made me happy, but lost him before I could have a happy life with him.

Flashback

I sat here alone in our apartment staring at the computer screen as I waited for Dylan’s video call to come in. it was early in the morning for me, I had gotten up just to talk to him. He had been gone for a month already and I missed him so much.

I was counting the days I would get to see him again, I just had five more mouths to see him for a few weeks before he has to go back again. I just wanted all this to be over with and have him home for good.

“Hey beautiful,” Dylan said as he popped on my screen. The tears started to fall before I could stop them. “Aw baby don’t cry” He said as he touched the screen. How I wished he could really touch me right now.

“I’m sorry baby, I just miss you so much.” I placed my hand where his was, this was the closest thing we had to contact.

“I know baby, I miss you so much too. I think about you all the time, I miss just cuddling with you the most.”

 “I know, so do I the night aren’t the same without you lying next to me.”

“How’s your school going?”

“It’s going great, just want it to be over with already and I want you home too.”

“I’ll be home before you know it and then we will get married. Then enjoy a nice long honeymoon.” He smiled at me, “Speaking of that, have you started planning?”