Waking Up Happily

Ethan's POV

I slowly woke up from my sleep by something glaring into my closed eyelids. I opened my eyes and looked around the unfamiliar room before remembering where I was.

Indiana. I'm in Indiana, with (Y/n).

All of the memories of yesterday came flooding back to me. Meeting her siblings, her cousins, falling asleep with her...

I looked down towards my chest and smiled at what I saw. (Y/n) was still in a deep sleep, still in her original position. 'I hope this'll happen all the time,' I thought to myself.

I reached over and grabbed my phone from the nightstand. It was 6 in the morning back in LA. 'We should probably get dressed and meet (Y/n)'s family back at the hospital' I thought.

I looked down at the beautiful sleeping figure lying on me. 'But she looks so peaceful... Should I wake her up?' I debated for a couple minutes before finally deciding to leave it up to her.

I carefully shook her awake. She slowly opened her eyes and smiled at me. "Morning, Sleeping Beauty." I whispered.

"I am no beauty." She whispered, dropping her head back on my chest and closing her eyes. "Especially not in the morning."

I carefully put my hand on her head. "You're a beauty in my eyes." She opened her eyes again and blushed.

"Did you wake me up for an actual reason, or just to compliment me?" She asked quietly, burying her face in my chest.

"Actually, yeah." She picked her head up and rested her chin on my chest. "I wanna leave it up to you. Do you wanna stay here for a little bit, or go to the hospital and meet up with your family?"

She shook her head. "Neither."

I raised an eyebrow. "Then what are we gonna do?"

She got out of the bed and walked over to her suitcase. "Get up and get dressed. We're walking around town." She grabbed a change of clothes, her makeup bag, and a hairbrush and brought it into the bathroom, closing and locking the door. I sighed and got out of the bed, rummaging through my suitcase before finding a clean shirt and jeans. I pulled them on and grabbed a comb from the suitcase and combed through my hair. I sat down and turned on the TV, waiting for (Y/n) to finish.

She did a couple minutes later. Her hair was pulled into a fishtail braid with a gold flower crown on top. She was wearing a white mini dress with white pants underneath, and white ballet flats. She wore little makeup, but the eyeshadow made her (e/c) eyes stand out.

She smiled when she caught me staring. "Like what you see?" She dropped the dirty clothes she was holding into the laundry hamper and did a small twirl.

I grinned. "Maybe..." I turned the TV off and walked over to her. "May I escort you to the town, Miss (Y/n)?" I asked with a fake British accent, holding my hand out to her.

She giggled and took my hand. "You most certainly may, Sir Ethan." She grabbed her purse and walked out the door.

Timeskip

We finally found a restaurant and sat down to eat. "It feels like we've been walking forever." I exagerated. "What time is it?"

(Y/n) checked the time on her phone and suppressed a giggle. "10:37 in the morning." I groaned, and she laughed.

"I'm happy you find pleasure in this." I said, trying my best to hide my smile.

She picked up her fork. "Don't worry. Once we're done here, we're gonna go to the hospital. But when visiting hours are over, we're not gonna go straight to the hotel room. Okay?" I nodded, and we started eating.