Iris Meets Emerson

Emerson's POV

Mark and Ethan finished recording and came into the living room. Ethan looked around for a moment

"Emerson, where's (Y/n)?" He asked me.

I shrugged. "Upstairs somewhere. She told me to stay here."

He shook his head. "You shouldn't have done that." He ran upstairs.

I stared at Mark. "Did I do something wrong?"

Mark shook his head and sat by me. "No, nothing on purpose." He bit his lip. "It's just that... (Y/n) should never be alone. At least, not right now."

I raised an eyebrow. "Why? Is something wrong?"

Mark hesitated. "Do you remember when I revealed that Darkiplier and Wilford Warfstache were real?"

I nodded. "Yeah, I just watched that video. Why?"

Mark took a deep breath. "Well, she has one, too. A bad one. One that gives her depression and anxiety." I gasped. "She just recently found out about Iris- that's her name- and she still needs to learn how to control it. Until then, never leave her alone."

I stood up. "I should go up there."

Mark grabbed my arm. "You should stay down here. I don't think she'll want you to see her."

I shook my arm out of his grip. "She's my friend. Scratch that, she's my mom. I'm going to help her." I walked up the stairs before Mark could say anything else.

Once I reached the top of the stairs, I heard someone crying. I followed the sound to a closed door. I knocked on the door, and Ethan spoke up on the other side. "Come in." I slowly opened the door, mentally preparing myself for what I was about to see.

(Y/n) was curled into Ethan on the bed, crying into his chest. Ethan had his arms wrapped around her, rubbing her back and trying to calm her down. Ethan looked up at me and motioned for me to come closer. I walked over and sat on the edge of the bed. (Y/n) moved her head to look at me and sniffed.

"Don't look at me. I probably look like crap."

I giggled and shook my head. "Nah, it's fine. From what Mark told me, you've probably had worse days."

Ethan let go of (Y/n) so she could sit up. "What did Mark tell you?"

I shrugged. "Nothing much. He just told me about Iris." Ethan and (Y/n) looked at each other.

After a couple seconds of silence, (Y/n) spoke up. "Do you guys think I'll be a bad parent?"

I gasped. "No! Why would you ever think that!"

Ethan shook his head. "You gotta stop listening to Iris."

(Y/n) let her head drop. "But I can't, Ethan. I can't stop listening to her. She's always putting these thoughts in my head and saying all these things about me, or you, or even Emerson. I always find myself listening to her because... sometimes I get the feeling that she's right."

Ethan shook his head. "She's never right. You need to know that."

"But what if she is? What if she's right about us?" Suddenly, her eyes widened and she clenched her fists.

Ethan must've known what was happening, because he loosened her grip and held her hands, lacing their fingers together. "Don't listen to her, (Y/n). Don't even think about it!" He closed his eyes. "Iris!"

A girl that looked like (Y/n) appeared out of thin air. "I'm just doing my job, Ethan."

(Y/n) started sobbing, and Ethan shook his head. "Yeah, and you shouldn't be. You should be happy for us!"

"I am, Ethan!" She stomped her foot. "But you need to realize that it's too early to do this. Your relationship will fall apart, and this family will fail!"

I shook my head. "No it won't." Iris and Ethan turned to me. "It won't fall apart. I believe in this family. We can make this work." (Y/n) looked up at me, wiping her tears away. "If Ethan and (Y/n) weren't sure it could, why would they adopt me in the first place?" (Y/n) sniffed and pulled me in for a hug.

Iris took a deep breath and visibly relaxed. "Have you dealt with depression before?"

I pulled away from the hug. "I've had some friends with it."

Iris walked out of the room. "Well, I'm gonna go hang with Mark."

Ethan jumped off of the bed. "I forgot he was here!"

(Y/n) and I giggled as he ran out of the room. Once we were alone, she pulled me into a tight hug. "Thanks, Em. That really meant a lot to me."

I hugged her back. "Hey. You're my new mom. I gotta help you somehow!"

She pulled away, grinning. "So, are you gonna call me 'mom' now?"

I grinned back. "It depends."