A Proud Mother

Your POV

You heard rustling somewhere next to you before you were fully awake. You slowly opened your eyes, reading the time on the alarm clock in front of you- 4:47 in the morning. The rustling stopped, and you felt lips on the back of your head.

"Time for work already?" You whispered.

Ethan sighed. "I thought you were asleep."

You sat up in the bed, rubbing the sleep out of your eyes and looking at Ethan's back. "Not anymore." He turned around and looked at you, a small smile on his lips. "Be quiet, okay? We do have a daughter now."

Ethan walked up to you. "I promise I'll try." He kissed your forehead, then your lips. "I love you."

You smiled. "I love you, too." The two of you shared one last kiss before Ethan left the room. You decided to lay back down and try to get some more sleep.

Short timeskip

"(Y/n)?" A voice whispered to you. You felt a hand on your shoulder, and you jumped, waking up instantly.

Emerson took a step backwards. "I'm sorry if I scared you." She whispered.

You shook your head and sat up, rubbing your eyes. "No, it's fine, Em." You read the alarm clock again- 5:23 in the morning. "What are you doing up?"

Emerson bit her lip. "I... had a nightmare."

You moved to the side of the bed, sitting on Ethan's side. "Come on. Get in here." Emerson crawled into the bed and sat down on your side. "What did you dream about?"

Emerson shook her head. "It's stupid, really. It... it was about... youandEthanhurtingme." She said the last part so fast that you didn't catch it.

You put a hand on her shoulder. "What? Can you say that again?"

She sighed. "I dreamed about you and Ethan hurting me."

You gasped. "Emerson, why would you think that?"

She shrugged. "The same reason why you would think that you would be a bad parent."

You pulled her into a hug. "You have depression, don't you?" She nodded into your shoulder. "Em, I just want you to know, that no matter what happens, I'll always be here for you if you need me. I promise I'll help you in every way I can."

She pulled away from the hug, wiping a tear from her face. "Can you help me fall asleep?"

You smiled. "Of course, Em." She laid down on the bed. "What helps you fall asleep?"

She wrapped her arms around herself. "Just noise, really. Cars passing by, a TV on, music playing, anything that has noise."

You reached over Emerson and grabbed your phone, taking it off of the charger. You went on your Spotify and started playing some songs from (Favorite Artist (could be a band)).

Emerson smiled and closed her eyes. "I like this song."

You smiled slightly and moved a strand of hair from her face. "Sleep, Em. You need it."

Shortly after that, she fell asleep. You slowly followed her, your exhaustion washing over you.

Another short timeskip

You woke up naturally, sunlight shining in your face through the window. You opened your eyes, and the first thing you noticed was Ethan, curled up into you and his head laying on your chest. You looked around the room, looking for Emerson, but she wasn't there. You looked at the alarm clock- 8:36.

You relaxed and placed a hand on Ethan's head. He shifted a little bit before looking up at you. He smiled. "Morning, beautiful."

You giggled. "Morning, Ethan."

He sat up. "Why was Emerson in here?"

You sat up next to him. "She had a nightmare sometime after you started recording."

Ethan nodded. "It's Saturday, right?"

You nodded. "Yeah, why?"

Ethan stood up. "Just wondering. I don't have much editing I need to do at the office, so I'll be back earlier than usual."

You nodded. "Okay. Emerson and I will probably stop by in an hour or two." The two of you shared a kiss before Ethan left the room, closing the door behind him.

You quickly got dressed and left the room, walking over to Emerson's room. You opened the door as quietly as possible and found her passed out on her bed, a book on her stomach and facing the ceiling. You giggled and walked towards her, picking up the book and setting it on her nightstand.

You kissed her forehead and walked out of the room, a small smile on your lips, feeling like a proud mother.